Android boxes internet TV

blkJack
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is the internet here fast enough to use internet TV?

Whats the average cost of a 42" LCD HDMI TV?

Edited by blkJack

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If you get the right plan the internet will be fast enough for watching TV.This will depend on where you want to live.I cant tell you about a 42inch tv but you can get a pretty good 32inch for 10,000 peso.

blkJack
Posted
Posted

I wondering if Dapitan City is big enough and  to have good internet services and a stores to buy electronics like TV's,  computers etc. Haven't found any info on these boards yet about the Dapitan City 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, blkJack said:

Why did they move?  Is it cheaper or about the same to live there?

Off topic.  You will have to get used to starting a different thread when you want to discuss a different topic, or finding the correct existing thread.  As a new member you get a certain amount of leeway but please start figuring that out now.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Love it 1

blkJack
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the heads up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

You can get a 42" LCD smart TV for around 25k depending on brand etc.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

No clue about Dapitan but I was using Chromecast with Netflix in Dumaguete through a VPN (slows you down generally speaking) last year with only the occasional hiccup.  

blkJack
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that info guys.  I was thinking the TV would be cheaper

I but I guess that sounds right for a smart TV. I be just looking for a with HDMI LCD as I have a MI box and my notebook. Now the way things are going maybe they only make them smart now. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Side note: 

The You Tube app on my 42 inch LG SMART TV no longer works and is no longer supported.  No replacement available.  It is a 2013 model.

The You Tube app on my BIL's 40 inch Samsung SMART TV no longer works and is no longer supported.  No replacement available.  It is a 2012 model.

That is disappointing for us because our kids like You Tube.  My BIL tells me it is something to do with the older operating systems.  You can still get it in the browser, but not nearly as good.

My BIL is shopping for an Android TV box instead of buying a new TV.  There are a lot on Lazada, he says.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, blkJack said:

Thanks for that info guys.  I was thinking the TV would be cheaper

Over the years, with trade barriers being lowered or abolished (tariffs), I've found SE Asia becoming on par if not more expensive when it comes to consumer electronics.  That's not hard and fast of course, your mileage may vary.