A good Throw-a-way ticket part 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, blkJack said:

So is this what I should be following as gospel?

Your welcome to make your own enquiries. Advice on a forum is from members knowledge or experiences at the time. It's up to you to obtain facts from direct sources if you feel it may not be right but I can tell you my tickets are always over 30 days and the answer I posted was from immigration and if something changed yesterday most at immigration wont know any different for some time yet. 

Also the reason it does not have to be within 30 days is because immigration know you can extend upto 36 months before exiting the country. It would not make sense for a real tourist comming for a 6 week vacation with an onward ticket dated 30 days would it ? 

blkJack
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Your welcome to make your own enquiries. Advice on a forum is from members knowledge or experiences at the time. It's up to you to obtain facts from direct sources if you feel it may not be right but I can tell you my tickets are always over 30 days and the answer I posted was from immigration and if something changed yesterday most at immigration wont know any different for some time yet. 

Also the reason it does not have to be within 30 days is because immigration know you can extend upto 36 months before exiting the country. It would not make sense for a real tourist comming for a 6 week vacation with an onward ticket dated 30 days would it ? 

That only make sense to me. And that note from immigration looks good enough for my and my pony. 

Clermont
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Tom I've been reading online links regarding this post for two days now, the only thing that a airline can question you to boarding on this matter is, if in the opinion of the staff you are going to break a Immigration/ or countries law, hence a return ticket, if they are in doubt you are forward on to, (in Australia ) the Federal Police. 

Now the PI's BI clearly states you must have a forwarding ticket or no entry in every online search.

One site I went to was ( IATA ), follow the directions and it will tell you if you need a return ticket before entering.

I put in dodgy info but in each country I filled in the questionnaire, it showed you need a forwarding ticket to enter the PI's. Anyway the safest way to enjoy your stay, buy a none dodgy return ticket.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

Tom I've been reading online links regarding this post for two days now, the only thing that a airline can question you to boarding on this matter is, if in the opinion of the staff you are going to break a Immigration/ or countries law, hence a return ticket, if they are in doubt you are forward on to, (in Australia ) the Federal Police. 

Now the PI's BI clearly states you must have a forwarding ticket or no entry in every online search.

One site I went to was ( IATA ), follow the directions and it will tell you if you need a return ticket before entering.

I put in dodgy info but in each country I filled in the questionnaire, it showed you need a forwarding ticket to enter the PI's. Anyway the safest way to enjoy your stay, buy a none dodgy return ticket.

Exactly, been saying this for ages if you are entering as a tourist.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

, it showed you need a forwarding ticket to enter the PI's. Anyway the safest way to enjoy your stay, buy a none dodgy return ticket.

That would be the safest and easiest way if all tourists come from one place and returned to that same place within the time constraints of a return ticket.  Its not practical for the many tourists who will visit multiple countries when coming to South East Asia.  I have NEVER had a return ticket back to Canada coming here but I have always had a "forwarding ticket" to some other country.  As you stated from the IATA regulations, the airline will require it because the Philippines will require it and there is nothing in the least "dodgy" about having any valid ticket out of the country, whether you end up using it or throwing it in the trash.  Now that is off my chest, :56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

Let me continue by agreeing that some of the people who are "editing" tickets or using "good for 24 hour" tickets may be getting close to "dodgy" but a 1,000 peso legal ticket to China, 28 days from your arrival date would not even cause a raised eyebrow at immigration and if a tourist plans to stay a couple years then toss the cheap ticket and there would never be a need for a return ticket.  Not that there is anything wrong with buying a return ticket, I've just never seen one cheap enough or with a long enough stay for my liking (which is why I have never bought one from Canada to Philippines)

• Like 1