American arrested for working on a Tourist Visa

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

it suits here

Related to the pic you posted:

If someone is paid to drink beer and they are on a tourist visa, are they illegally working?  If so there are a few people that I'd like to give 100 pesos to and then report them to the BI for deportation. :hystery::hystery::hystery:

• Haha 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If someone is paid to drink beer and they are on a tourist visa, are they illegally working?  If so there are a few people that I'd like to give 100 pesos to and then report them to the BI for deportation. :hystery::hystery::hystery:

expats.jpg :cheersty: Good we got our 13a's then me and me ole mucker kev.JPG somethings we get right EH?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Dumaguete has many expats running, working, in restos quite openly. I do not know numbers on tourist visas how ever personally know of quite a few. It's also the case in Dauin with a lot of Dive Resorts, seems provided no feathers are ruffled they are left alone.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, RBM said:

seems provided no feathers are ruffled they are left alone.

There is also a bit of "its not what you know but who you know".  So if someone was to report "those people" but "those people" had the right connections, then it would just be water flowing under the bridge.  

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is also a bit of "its not what you know but who you know".  So if someone was to report "those people" but "those people" had the right connections, then it would just be water flowing under the bridge.  

Correct how ever I would tend to think it rare anybody would report them without good reason, most likely a competitor or some form of jealously.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

some form of jealously.

Yes . . .  filipinas

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Absolutely illegal! It's working in the liquid recycling trade.

• Haha 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

• 4 weeks later...
lobojohn
Posted
Posted

pinoys are always ready to show you just how important you really are no matter how special you think you are.