Philippines trip no2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Hi guys 

I'm planning my second trip to the Philippines for more boots on the ground assessment.

The rough plan at the moment is London , Manila ,Davao , dumagette ,Puerto galera ,Manila ,London 

I can work out the flights as far as duma , but getting to Puerto galera is a bit of a dog leg I think ,so what's the best route from duma to Puerto galera ?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

so what's the best route from duma to Puerto galera ?

Possibly Duma to Puerto Galera. 

:crack-up: Sorry 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

MNL or CEB as the two major hubs and international airports will have the most flights to outlying islands.

Honestly this is one case that google will provide best information.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Old55 said:

MNL or CEB as the two major hubs and international airports will have the most flights to outlying islands.

Honestly this is one case that google will provide best information.

Yes the only flights I can find are from those places.Dumaguete to one of those and then the onward flight.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Yes I'm thinking that it's a flight to Manila then possibly a bus to galera

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I'm thinking that it's a flight to Manila then possibly a bus to galera

I'm thinking Puerto Galera is a town on the Philippine island of Mindoro and there is no bridge, so does the bus go on a ferry?  

I' be thinking Air Juan but its about 4500 pesos each way http://www.airjuan.com/airjuan-destinations.php

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

If you get to Manila just go to the Buendia Jac liner terminal. All taxis know it. Jump on a Ceres/Goldstar bus. 178 peso to Batangas port then take a Banca to Sabang. 250 peso and 30 peso terminal fee. Leave Manila by 12 noon to catch a Banca. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

If you want start in dumaguete get a ceres liner to Bacalod, ferry to illoilo, then bus across Panay island a ferry to Mindoro etc.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

If you want start in dumaguete get a ceres liner to Bacalod, ferry to illoilo, then bus across Panay island a ferry to Mindoro etc.

Do you have a rough idea of the time and cost for that trip?  It seems long and expensive compared to a cheap flight to Manila and then using Snowy's method

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Do you have a rough idea of the time and cost for that trip?  It seems long and expensive compared to a cheap flight to Manila and then using Snowy's method

The last time I went from Dumaguete to iloilo it took around 9 hours.Cant remember the cost but a flight to Manila would not be too much more,.