so they could sell their votes for 500 peso each.  :hystery:

How on earth do you sell a Vote?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

You "promise" to vote for a certain candidate in exchange for a payment.  When Lani ask her dad if he actually would change his vote, he just smiled. :mocking:  Reminds me of a story I heard a couple years back.  The day of the barangay election local sari sari stores saw a huge uptick in sales and almost everyone was paying with 500 peso notes.  The following day the sari sari stores discovered the notes were counterfeit. :hystery:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mike J said:

You "promise" to vote for a certain candidate in exchange for a payment.

:hystery: LOL OK so I will send you a Like if you send me 500p then change my mind and give another member a like who sent me 500  , It is no wonder there is killing, One thing I have learned (Learnt ) here over the Years is how quick someone can change their Minds at a whim and sniff of Cash.

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling AGAIN
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I'm sure you must be aware that all the voters in rural areas get "paid to vote?  But it is my understanding they get paid the same from both parties and there is no way of being sure who they will vote for so the locals look at it as free money.  Because there is no 'forcing' the voter to vote for the person who is handing out cash I see it as more of an incentive to vote for one group rather than 'buying' the vote. It is just a bit less tactful than the western way of "vote for me and I'll cut your taxes back by $100 a year".  Same, same.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I will send you a Like if you send me 500p

I wonder if I could set up an automated deduction from members bank accounts when they click a "like" without them realising until I'm out of the country. Like up folks :mocking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I wonder if I could set up an automated deduction from members bank accounts when they click a "like" without them realising until I'm out of the country. Like up folks :mocking:

Bad Taste ( angry baby).jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Speaking of dangerous jobs. You shall be known as “Singh”.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 5/8/2018 at 6:33 AM, Mike J said:

A few years back we built a nice new house in a different barangay for Papa and Mama to live out their final years.  When local election time came around, Papa ask us to take them back to their old house for a couple days to visit with neighbors.  It turned out that he and mama wanted to go back so they could sell their votes for 500 peso each.  :hystery:

I asked my wife about vote selling and she explained that the candidate would give money to cover the travelling expenses of the voter.When you consider that some of these people have to travel miles it kinda makes sense.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm sure you must be aware that all the voters in rural areas get "paid to vote?  But it is my understanding they get paid the same from both parties and there is no way of being sure who they will vote for so the locals look at it as free money.  Because there is no 'forcing' the voter to vote for the person who is handing out cash I see it as more of an incentive to vote for one group rather than 'buying' the vote. It is just a bit less tactful than the western way of "vote for me and I'll cut your taxes back by $100 a year".  Same, same.

A lady I know in Dalaguete was given over 2k peso by different candidates in one election.Good money for a lot of people here.

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ebay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2