Dangerous occupations

Gary D
Posted
Posted

What they don't realise is that the money they are being given is their own money. It's money that would have been spent in the their barungy.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

What they don't realise is that the money they are being given is their own money. It's money that would have been spent in the their barungy.

Not how it works. 

Unfortunately given a choice some Filipinos would prefer to accept 500 peso immediately than 5000 peso next week.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Short time preferences.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I asked my wife about vote selling and she explained that the candidate would give money to cover the travelling expenses of the voter.When you consider that some of these people have to travel miles it kinda makes sense.

A common way to hide or justify bribes in the Philippines is to say the money is for gas and/or snacks.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

A common way to hide or justify bribes in the Philippines is to say the money is for gas and/or snacks.

Yes you are correct but I would rather see the poor people from the hills getting something rather than some person getting money when they don`t need it.Alas corruption is corruption whichever way you look at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 5/8/2018 at 3:27 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm sure you must be aware that all the voters in rural areas get "paid to vote?  But it is my understanding they get paid the same from both parties and there is no way of being sure who they will vote for so the locals look at it as free money.  Because there is no 'forcing' the voter to vote for the person who is handing out cash I see it as more of an incentive to vote for one group rather than 'buying' the vote. It is just a bit less tactful than the western way of "vote for me and I'll cut your taxes back by $100 a year".  Same, same.

No in the RP you get cash in hand in the election promise you get................

• Haha 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 5/8/2018 at 7:37 PM, sonjack2847 said:

A lady I know in Dalaguete was given over 2k peso by different candidates in one election.Good money for a lot of people here.

In some States she could vote for all the candidates......or the same onemany times...heck in some you don't need to be a citizen or registered...in others you may register multiple times:tongue: 

• Haha 1