Why Do You Live Where You Live?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

For those that are already there full-time, pretty simple question: 

Is it because the asawa lives there? 

Do you just love it? 

There's a closer connection to your country of origin?

Medical?

Expense?

Environment?

I guess I'm lucky, for those that have known me a long time know my connection to Negros Oriental so it's a combination of all of the above so Dumaguete surrounds is for me. What about the rest of you?

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My wife is from Panay island and does not want to leave the island.  I can't stand her province and she has family in Iloilo.  So Iloilo was a compromise for both of us. I would rather be elsewhere (tons of good options), she would rather be back in her province.  For now it works.  After I retire... we will have that discussion again.  :tiphat:

• Like 3

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I live in Angeles City!

PaulB
Posted
Posted

I live in Quirino Province. My wife is from there and prefer the Provincial life.

Paul

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I live in Los Banos because its where the wifes family home is.

We have built our home there also which has been ongoing since 2012.

Compared to southampton where we used to live in the UK

Los Banos is paradise .

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I have thought about it. My preference at this time is Tagaytay because the area is much cooler than Metro Manila. The location is sufficiently close to excellent medical facilities (Asia Hospital) for expert care. There are also several hospitals much closer for emergency care.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I chose Subic Bay Freeport mainly because of the quiet U.S. Navy built neighborhoods and relatively organized driving.  Medical and schools are adequate.  Shopping is good.  1 hour to Clark airport a plus.

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

My partner lives in South Cotabato so that was my original reason for settling here. I have grown to love it here because of the friendliness of the people and the beauty of the environment. Suits me sir!

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I chose Subic Bay Freeport mainly because of the quiet U.S. Navy built neighborhoods and relatively organized driving.  Medical and schools are adequate.  Shopping is good.  1 hour to Clark airport a plus.

Freeport would be my choice too...  :tiphat:

RBM
Posted
Posted

After tolerating the squalor and traffic of Cebu for  over 3 years we decided either Ormoc City or San Carlos city. Yolonder told us had to be the latter.

Now settled on the outskirts and very satisfied as just a short ride, drive to the coolness of Don Salvador or even closer Prosperidad and Canlaon. The city although hot ticks most of the boxes. Not yet over crowded, lots of huge parks where kids play soccer every day and as yet no pollution. Earlier there was a smell from the ethanol plant which has been rectified.  

One can see how ever in future situation going to change as so progress is happening....Guess I will not be around to see end results.

• Like 3