Electrical appliances which make to buy.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I like Panasonic. I look for Hanabishi to buy because it's fair quality and Philippines made (assembled at least) but when they wanted 1k php more for the Hanabishi than the Fuji Denso for the exact same thing, Fuji won.

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

Filipino Apartment owner replaced my broken refrigerator with the cheapest thing he could find which is par for the course here. It is also smaller than the unit it replaced, but at least it was a new Panasonic with improved energy efficiency. If I were making the purchasing decisions I would have paid extra and got the inverter unit. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

If I were making the purchasing decisions I would have paid extra and got the inverter unit. 

How much more efficient are the inverter appliances.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Purely anecdotal evidence, I know, but I estimate my old fashioned style of fridge (Not old, just non inverter and manual defrost so "old fashioned") cost about 300 to 500 pesos more a month in electricity than my inverter type.  I base that on my old bills running just over 5K a month at this time of year and my current bills running at just under 5K a month.  Could be coincidence but the bill is definitely lower and the fridge is the only thing I have changed lately.

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 5/11/2018 at 11:23 AM, sonjack2847 said:

We have decided that we will furnish our apartments when they are ready to rent.I have seen some fridge/freezers which are made in Canada.The brand is Marke does anybody know if they are any good or should I stick to Panasonic.I have had a Panasonic for 5 years with no problems but the Marke has a bigger freezer compartment which I like.The price is not too bad either.Any input would be appreciated.

What ever you buy Kev stay away from Kelvinator, we have one plus a Haier,  during brown outs the stock inside the kelvinator is soon soft, not so in the Haier.  

Ito very  tempting to give away the kelvinator and replace with another Haier.  

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Since you are furnishing rental apartments I would think it's what's best for your buying budget and perhaps a long lasting appliance rather than the comfort or the cost savings to a tenant unless you can get a premium rental price for better furnishings and appliances ? Not sure what the Dumaguete rental crowd would expect in a rental.  

If I was to rent one can I have one of these :th_thbarbaque:  :smile:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Since you are furnishing rental apartments I would think it's what's best for your buying budget and perhaps a long lasting appliance rather than the comfort or the cost savings to a tenant unless you can get a premium rental price for better furnishings and appliances ? Not sure what the Dumaguete rental crowd would expect in a rental.  

If I was to rent one can I have one of these :th_thbarbaque:  :smile:

No you cook dried fish dave told me.But yes budget and whats best is a consideration money and intake.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

We bought a Samsung inverter freezer-on-the-bottom (which must have been cold haha!) model for the kitchen. 

It has served well four four years, even with power outages. 

In no way would I buy it for tenants, though.

For the bar, I got a little Panasonic whose only problems seem to be a fridge door that won't close completely after a certain number of beers (which leads to whispers and frowns among the ladyfolk of the House in the morning), and a small puddle that appears on the top of the fridge door but cannot be traced to the freezer gasket for love or money. 

20180513_193354~01.jpg

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

and a small puddle that appears on the top of the fridge door but cannot be traced to the freezer gasket for love or money

After a few beers turn the light on and find the CR. Problem solved. :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 5/12/2018 at 4:26 AM, sonjack2847 said:

In the early days of inverters ,they were quite large in size and would be used to drive large electrical motors ,the cost of the inverter would pay for itself after 8 months  , we went from using what is called star delta to inverters very quickly as the savings were enormous , on a recent course I did , we covered the dakin air conditioning units ,they have a new gas called R32 and that combined with their internal inverters produce savings of 70% on energy bills in comparison with the old units

• Like 5