Plumbing Headache! Any ideas?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Do you mean a copper pipe system?

No it`s plastic and the one I used was called Thermopipe from Germany.But they have it here now and you will need to buy a heat gun which is around 1000peso.

• Love it 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

I think he was talking about polypropylene which is really durable, whether you butt weld or use fittings.

Yes Robert.

robert k
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes Robert.

It is great stuff. I had a caterpiller tractor snag some I put in and it was abraded and stretched but it still didn't leak.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

The problem to me is that it is not your House but Rented/leased and to me

Rented and Leased are not necessarily the same.  To put it in perspective:  If you rent a car, (in Canada but likely the same everywhere), you are not responsible for the maintenance.  If you long term lease a car then you are responsible for all the maintenance and have to pay for any wear and tear at the end of the contract.

I am very sure that a long term lease on a house would have the same conditions.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am very sure that a long term lease on a house would have the same conditions.

Note to self Scratching Head.jpg Don't ask questions :whistling:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

RIf you rent a car, (in Canada but likely the same everywhere), you are not responsible for the maintenance.  If you long term lease a car then you are responsible for all the maintenance and have to pay for any wear and tear at the end of the contract.

Not everywhere, in Australia a Novated lease normally has a maintenance component added to it, you pay a weekly fee and the leasing company subcontracts all servicing and repairs out and you only pay 1 payment.  There are still old style leases that don't include maintenance but they are less common than they used to be.

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, robert k said:

It is great stuff. I had a caterpiller tractor snag some I put in and it was abraded and stretched but it still didn't leak.

The one I used was called Aquatherm I just remembered.We had to do a full days course to get the ticket to be able to install.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

The one I used was called Aquatherm I just remembered.We had to do a full days course to get the ticket to be able to install.

When can you be in Subic?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Not everywhere,

Agree. I have been searching some lease agreements on vehicles I have leased and all (4) have been  on Full maintenance (Subject to oil & other day to day issues)

I do not want to enter any arguments but have to say that all of them were even with yearly Tests, taxing and even 3rd party Insurance  To me it would seem that once again we can have a differing of opinions but I will still say that the Pipes should come under Structural issues and remain the problem of the Actual owner :smile:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

When can you be in Subic?

Retired now plus it`s too damn hot to work here.Local plumbers should be able to do it or maybe the store that sells it has a contractor who knows how to use it.

• Like 1