Myth or fact on deportation

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, lobojohn said:

from jollygoodfellow...  the airline has to pay. 

The airlines as its their responsibility to make sure you have an onward ticket before boarding. 

Thanks John I always wondered how that works 

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, lobojohn said:

from jollygoodfellow...  the airline has to pay. 

The airlines as its their responsibility to make sure you have an onward ticket before boarding. 

While the airlines are responsible for verifying onward tickets, they are not responsible for every other reason someone would be denied entry. I would think the individual is responsible for their own ticket.

• Like 2

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

While the airlines are responsible for verifying onward tickets, they are not responsible for every other reason someone would be denied entry. I would think the individual is responsible for their own ticket.

yes im sure they make every effort to get the fare from the passenger. i probably shouldnt have said they have to pay . sorry if i miss quoted. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, lobojohn said:

re ICE ..  a retired marine acquaintance related a story concerning his experience with ICE upon his arrival in the USA a few years ago. they questioned him as to why he was living in the fils and even suggested he was a traitor to the US for leaving to live in the fils. he was shocked to say the least, but managed to go through w/o ruffling any feathers. 

i have no plans to ever return, but i wonder if others are being treated this way now. its gotten to be a mad mad world indeed. 

I've had the pleasure of going through the USA immigration system as a tourist and I was surprised how the immigration people when I went through were treating tourists. One guy was walking up and down the line telling people not to talk and to look straight ahead, every now and again he would just stand in front of a person and stare. When you got to the front of the queue again it was a staring competition. They'd look at your passport then stare for a good 10 seconds, look at the passport again place it down and stare again before asking what your reason to visit the USA was. I often wondered how many people said " dam you got me I'm here for illegal activities :7481:"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

This is what my reply was about , nothing other than the question lobojohn raised about an onward ticket so the reply is not about a different scenario say such as the passenger is on a blacklist or is drunk and rude at immigration in the arriving country. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Just a little bit more on deportation, At the moment there is a high profile person that has been issued their marching orders courteous of the BI for attending rallies and a little more. Note: no one is above the PI law and  don't think your country will bat for you or a swave lawyer can help. Stick your nose in PI laws and politics you will be ousted along with all the other rude, drunken, abusive behaviour that we read about.

Before you go over there, take stock, do you get away with that sort of behaviour back in your home country, if not why do it in an Asian country were penalties are far worse than you can imagine. Sometimes the mucho pops up in certain situations, humane nature, but remember and read posts written on this site of some of the experiences of others. Todate I have not read a post that a foreigner has had a win over there, This does not mean chuck the hands in the air and walk away, talk slowly and don't raise your voice when explaining anything, face is a big thing over there, don't create a situation where they lose face.

Off the soap box :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:peace to all :28: nearly that time of year again.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is what my reply was about , nothing other than the question lobojohn raised about an onward ticket so the reply is not about a different scenario say such as the passenger is on a blacklist or is drunk and rude at immigration in the arriving country. :thumbsup:

Right, I got that from your post. I quoted lobojohn's post because he made it sound like it applies to all cases, not just the onward ticket cases. He clarified it afterwards. 

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

If you are denied entry by Immigration for whatever reason, the responsibility is yours (onward ticket or the purchase of a ticket).  The alternative is the airline that brought you.  

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 5/23/2018 at 4:24 AM, Nephi said:

Exactly right. If not mistaken, we, Americans, are the largest foreign nationality to visit here each year. 72 out that many is not bad at all but still is too bad there are a few bad eggs.

It should be noted here that our country does not control who leaves the US for travel nor do they have the right under the law to do so. Freedom of movement is guaranteed in the United States constitution and includes the freedom to leave if we choose to. On that same line, the US government has no right to know or even ask where we are going etc. We also have a right to privacy. Our laws and freedoms are good but at times there are those that will take advantage of a good thing.

This may have been the way it was years ago. But no more. If you owe too much to the IRS, if you have unpaid child support, etc. There are many ways now that exit from the USA can be denied. Also on entry to the US border agents can ask to search your phone, etc. even if you are a US citizen and hold you until you allow it.

The freedoms that there have been for americans have slowly eroded over the years. The USA is no longer the shining beacon of freedom it used to be.

• Like 1