ACR card while on Balikbayan VISA Waiver?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I did a quick trip to the US to do some paperwork last year. Since my wife did not go with me I re-entered on a visitor visa and my ACR card expires next month (June). We traveled together in February this year and I am now on a Balikbayan waiver for a year. Have another trip scheduled January 2019 so I will leave within the 1 year time frame and should recieve a year again when we return.

I know an ACR card is not required for those of us here on the Balikbayan but it is optional. Do any of you opt to keep a current ACR card as a valid Philippine ID (or for any other reason)? I had planned on keeping it updated for use as an ID but since I finally got off my butt and got a Philippine driver's license I am not so sure I need to bother with the ACR card anymore. What do you guys do?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I did a quick trip to the US to do some paperwork last year. Since my wife did not go with me I re-entered on a visitor visa and my ACR card expires next month (June). We traveled together in February this year and I am now on a Balikbayan waiver for a year. Have another trip scheduled January 2019 so I will leave within the 1 year time frame and should recieve a year again when we return.

I know an ACR card is not required for those of us here on the Balikbayan but it is optional. Do any of you opt to keep a current ACR card as a valid Philippine ID (or for any other reason)? I had planned on keeping it updated for use as an ID but since I finally got off my butt and got a Philippine driver's license I am not so sure I need to bother with the ACR card anymore. What do you guys do?

I just use my driving licence for ID.No point in spending a couple of thousand of peso for nothing.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I am not so sure I need to bother with the ACR card anymore.

:89: Not really sure what to say here but For me, I would keep it up but then that is just me, The main problem in the Future will be renewing your PI  Driving license and or opening another bank account should that need arise :smile: I mean Steve, whats $50 to a man like yourself that Holidays abroad :whistling:

Just my thoughts & continuity can be useful sometimes

Jack :smile:

Morning All :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I mean Steve, whats $50 to a man like yourself that Holidays abroad :whistling:

LOL, It didn't cross my mind to ask for reasons of saving money. I was asking from the standpoint of: is it worth bothering with? is there a real benefit to keeping it up? For license renewal, if it is required, I could always get a new ACR card in 4 years vs several extra renewals. Just thoughts wandering through my head...

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

LOL, It didn't cross my mind to ask for reasons of saving money. I was asking from the standpoint of: is it worth bothering with? is there a real benefit to keeping it up? For license renewal, if it is required, I could always get a new ACR card in 4 years vs several extra renewals. Just thoughts wandering through my head...

I just renewed my DL and Acr card wasn't required.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1