Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I want to apply for a Quota Visa. Have been told that some "grease" money is required to ensure that my application appears at the top of the pile.  As there are limited slots available for this type of visa per year this is of concern.  Was informed that there are slots still available. I understand that is how things work however have two quotes of 300k and 320k pesos from agents to facilitate this process. Does anyone have contact information of a reputable agent in Manila who isn't trying to retire early... Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We do not condone or promote illegal actions. Why would you need an agent to apply for this type of visa? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure what you mean by a Quota Visa, but ignore the rumor mill. The first thing you do is apply without the assistance of agents who claim they can expedite the process.

If you are referring to an SRRV retirement visa as a Quota Visa, then yes, the Authority encourages the use of licensed agents. It was $500 about six years ago. The reason why is language because many applicants only spoke Chinese, Korean or Japanese. They needed help using trained, authorized agents. If you are fluent in English, I believe having an agent was optional.

Before engaging the services of an SRRV agent, make sure they are licensed. My recollection of the procedure was the Authority collected the fee and then they paid your agent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

I am not sure what you mean by a Quota Visa

A quota visa is a visa to allow a certain numbers of foreigners from a certain number of countries each year to apply for this visa without being married to a Filipina or employing 10 etc. 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/quota-visa

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 13A which I applied for - it was detailed as Immigrant and Quota. I assumed that was for all 13A visas issued outside to ensure they could control the numbers issued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

I have a 13A which I applied for - it was detailed as Immigrant and Quota. I assumed that was for all 13A visas issued outside to ensure they could control the numbers issued.

The 13a is a non- quota visa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just off of the phone to immigration having requested figures of applicants against how many quota visas are still available. Lets just hope the personnel I spoke to don't have any input into who gets one and who doesn't. 

I spent just under 800 peso on calls and all I asked was: How many Quota Visas are still available for my country? I had every answer except for one with the figures I was looking for. Ranging from 100 applicants for every visa, can't you just apply for a different visa? It's a lot of trouble, you can't guarantee to get one etc. 

In the end I realised I was wasting my time and just said "I'll apply and just take a chance."

I've had similar luck with a retirement visa even after going into their office. It never ceases to amaze me the levels of disorganization you come across here. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm just off of the phone to immigration having requested figures of applicants against how many quota visas are still available. Lets just hope the personnel I spoke to don't have any input into who gets one and who doesn't. 

I spent just under 800 peso on calls and all I asked was: How many Quota Visas are still available for my country? I had every answer except for one with the figures I was looking for. Ranging from 100 applicants for every visa, can't you just apply for a different visa? It's a lot of trouble, you can't guarantee to get one etc. 

In the end I realised I was wasting my time and just said "I'll apply and just take a chance."

I've had similar luck with a retirement visa even after going into their office. It never ceases to amaze me the levels of disorganization you come across here. 

I know 1 American that got a quota visa 3 or 4 years ago. He said his impression is while the quotas seem low, the requirements are difficult enough it is unlikely anyone is ever denied because the quota was reached.

  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×