Filipinos with more than one wife

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Because there is no divorce in the Philippines, some wealthy Filipinos obtain a Dominican Republic divorce. It is not recognized by the Philippine government, but having children with a new wife and then having the wife go to the United States, Hong Kong or another country to give birth, then the child is recognized as legitimate.

• Hmm thinking 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

, then the child is recognized as legitimate.

Bye wom I would ask?

5 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

, some wealthy Filipinos obtain a Dominican Republic divorce. It is not recognized by the Philippine government,

I would not hold my breath in a battle of Hereditary line, should this be the case.  

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Being married to my Filipino wife is fine with me ! 

I couldnt afford another Filipino wife with  all the Umbrellas and  Kipling Handbags

And boxes of unused shoes, he he he im only joking  my wife is my rock my princess my queen

All rolled into 1 neat little package , i wouldnt dream of even looking for another wife !

I look at other woman yes ! There are thousands of beauty queens in the Philippines

And me being the most handsome foriegner 🤣 in the area i get lots of smiles

Even my mirror " sighs " as i look into it as imcoming my hair !

BUT i only look at other woman ! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

Being married to my Filipino wife is fine with me ! 

I couldnt afford another Filipino wife with  all the Umbrellas and  Kipling Handbags

And boxes of unused shoes, he he he im only joking  my wife is my rock my princess my queen

All rolled into 1 neat little package , i wouldnt dream of even looking for another wife !

I look at other woman yes ! There are thousands of beauty queens in the Philippines

And me being the most handsome foriegner 🤣 in the area i get lots of smiles

Even my mirror " sighs " as i look into it as imcoming my hair !

BUT i only look at other woman ! 

No harm in looking, carry on. :smile: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:unsure:

Hmmmm is this not what it all is "Paper marriages" As per our Daves' post, the paper trail can catch you out at some point, Why try and beat a system that seems to be getting tougher ( extra cenomars & Licences comes to mind) do as the french Do just take a mistress. Seems less of a hassle when things get messy & it seems they can and Do at times. :wink:

They are not beating the system... just ignoring the system. They leave the first wife, and just start a new family. They can never marry the 2nd because they are paper married to the first.  I would never do that, as a foreigner, but many locals do it.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Because there is no divorce in the Philippines, some wealthy Filipinos obtain a Dominican Republic divorce. It is not recognized by the Philippine government, but having children with a new wife and then having the wife go to the United States, Hong Kong or another country to give birth, then the child is recognized as legitimate.

Would the child be able to become a citizen with a DNA test regardless of place of birth?  :89:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

, then the child is recognized as legitimate.

Bye wom I would ask?

, some wealthy Filipinos obtain a Dominican Republic divorce. It is not recognized by the Philippine government,

I would not hold my breath in a battle of Hereditary line, should this be the case.  

I don't understand the legal technical, but my understanding the child is recognized as legitimate by the Philippines. It has more to do with rights of inheritance. A legitimate child gets 100% whereas an illegitimate child receives 50% share.

Each country is different. In the United States, you can designate who will inherit and how much. You can even give the money for the care of your dogs. Philippines has its own rules.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Would the child be able to become a citizen with a DNA test regardless of place of birth?  :89:

Philippines recognizes blood line. If born to Filipino parents and this is properly documented, you are entitled to citizenship. The United States has "place of birth" which means you can apply for citizenship (there have been attempts to change the law) if born in the United States. A hospital in Fresno, California was caught advertising in Mandarin for wealthy Chinese mothers to come and give birth. The child can then elect for US citizenship at 21 years.

Hong Kong residents complained that thousands of expectant mothers would cross the border with the China mainland to give birth. The child would then be entitled to residency. The maternity wards were so filled the locals couldn't get a bed when it was time to give birth. 

• Like 2