CEB terminal 2 inaugural opening today

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

New CEB international terminal 2 inauguration will be held today. It looks very nice in the press release pictures.

10 million passengers passed through CEB last year projected that 11 million this year.

No numbers how many international passengers from those numbers. International arrivals percentage are;

Korean 40%

Japanese 15%

Chinese 8%

American 6%

Foreigener Filipino 10%

Other mixed remainder 

There are several news organizations posting this information today if you want more information. I can’t link with my phone.

Anyone visit terminal 2 yet?

https://businessmirror.com.ph/mactan-international-airport-all-set-to-open/

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

I can’t link with my phone.

Why?  :89:

You hold your finger on the link and depending on your phone it will show a copy icon or in my case a clipboard. When on the forum hold down your finger in the editor and the word "paste" appears so tap it and Bob's your uncle.

:thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks Uncle Tom 📲

You know how I am 🤡🧐

• Like 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

I just checked to see if there is any video on youtube. Here is video filmed yesterday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

I just flew out of the new terminal last week. Its nice and new but still not 100% finished yet. The walk from the curbside drop off over the bridge walkway to the main building will be a chore on a windy rainy day!!

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

GBT62
Posted
Posted

Yeah I also flew out of there this week. 

The building is nice  - a pity there's still a few procedures they need to iron out.

Your loved ones/aprtners cannot step inside the door to see you off, if only you are departing. They say goodbye OUTSIDE in the heat. No coming inside and having a last drink or meal at a cafe like the old T1.  I can't think of another modern international airport with that restriction.

Immigration ......hmmmmm, be prepared for a very long wait to get through. 2.5 hours before a flight is now too short if this week was anything to go by. My plane left 30 minutes late after waiting for stragglers from the checkin  and immigration processnig queues.

No idea what shops and food they have at the new terminal - it was a blur as I ran to the gate :ohmy:

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

GBT62, thank you for the heads up about that departure wait you experienced. 

Interesting to know if it’s a chronic issue or not.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

So they mopped up the flooding in time for the official opening.