Philpost to the USA

Stevjo
Posted
Posted

I have received a letter from US Social Security, it needs to be returned signed to the US. Does Phil Post, have any expedited mail services or registered  services that I can use to allow tracking or documented info indicating it was received? Is the mail service to the US, any good. It has 60 days to get there.TIA

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Stevjo said:

Does Phil Post, have any expedited mail services or registered  services that I can use to allow tracking or documented info indicating it was received? Is the mail service to the US, any good. It has 60 days to get there.TIA

Others will give their opinion regarding PhilPost.  My experience sending things "from" the Philippines has been less than perfect.  I did, however, have pretty good results sending documents via LBC courier service if that is any help to you.  Took about 10 days and cost about 1500 pesos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Others will give their opinion regarding PhilPost.  My experience sending things "from" the Philippines has been less than perfect.  I did, however, have pretty good results sending documents via LBC courier service if that is any help to you.  Took about 10 days and cost about 1500 pesos.

I can only talk on registered letters to Australia, steer clear of mail services in PI. We have less people in Australia than USA and it took a registered letter 8 weeks to get to me. Go Dave's way. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the past year we've sent some birthday cards and correspondence from Bogo City and Mandaue and Cebu City Philpost main post offices.offices. You can send a registered piece of mail for 100 pesos, and you can track it up to the US gateway online. They give you a receipt with a tracking number to check. Haven't had any problems mailing to South Korea and the US.  It takes about two weeks for mail to reach the East coast of the US in our experience. Mail in the past sent from our local town post office snail mail rarely made it, but this registered way has been successful.

I think 100 pesos is a great deal, and has been helpful for us. Of course like everything it's a gamble I suppose with very sensitive mail, but it has been a convenient reliable way to mail greeting cards to family and friends from here.

StevJo--Not sure , but probably you could send a SS letter through Philpost, as long as you kept track online to see that they received it.

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

LBC courier servic

my only problem with LB and others like it is that they need a physical address and will not deliver to a PO box...YMMV

• Thanks 1