How Safe is Philippines?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Rooster said:

PNP Crime Prevention Tips

Nice tips.  I looked and could not find one about putting out landmines in case an army of 70 to 100 NPA show up at 4:30 am.  Is it in there somewhere? :turkey_40_anim_gif:

• 3 weeks later...
Capa
Posted
Posted
On 6/13/2018 at 4:35 AM, Old55 said:

I think it’s time we talked honestly about the shocking true risk the Philippines 🇵🇭 poses. The instant one enters the country you will be targeted with very few exceptions. It’s constant insidious and unrelating. Most single foreigners don’t stand a chance. 💘 

To the people saying this happens in the United States too: it's no comparison. Foreigners are SINGLED OUT and attacked in the Philippines. Foreigners are seldom out and murdered in the US. People don't put metal bars on the windows of their houses and apartments in the United States. Drug addicts and street children are not executed by death squads in the United States. No comparison.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Capa said:

People don't put metal bars on the windows of their houses and apartments in the United States.

Guess you have never been to the Crenshaw district in Los Angeles, or Jakes old stomping grounds of National city. Went threw Riverside east side and wished I had my up armored Humvee with me. 

4 minutes ago, Capa said:

Drug addicts and street children are not executed by death squads

Not by death squads but by rival gangs and cartels. The difference in the Philippines normally only the dealer is hit. In the states the normal method is to stick an uzi out the window and empty the clip, regardless of whos is around. 

:89:

• Like 2

Capa
Posted
Posted

4 minutes ago, scott h said:

Guess you have never been to the Crenshaw district in Los Angeles, or Jakes old stomping grounds of National city.

:89:

True that, Scott, but those places are way out on the fringe of American society. In PI, doesn't matter, rich or poor, its bars on the windows and doors, and glass shards embedded in the tops of high walls!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Capa said:

In PI, doesn't matter, rich or poor, its bars on the windows and doors, and glass shards embedded in the tops of high walls!

Generalizations are always dangerous. I will only speak of my own experience and observation, but perhaps you could visit Ayala Alabang, BF Homes, Filinvest village in Southern Metro Manila. Or Canyon Cove estates in Tagayaty. Few Bars (if any) no glass on the walls. Now these are rich and exclusive areas, granted.

My ole Dad long ago said to me. "Never say Never, Never say Always". There will always be one smart Alek waiting just to say your wrong :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Capa said:

Foreigners are SINGLED OUT and attacked in the Philippines.

I've seen a lot of dead Filipinos in the news well before any drug crack down so were they singled out by their own like you are saying all foreigners are?  The way you make it sound is that we are dodging bullets every time we leave home? 

What's wrong with security measures such as bars or glass in the fence to stop being robbed? I always locked my doors and windows in Australia to prevent such things so really just security. 

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What's wrong with security measures such as bars or glass in the fence to stop being robbed? I always locked my doors and windows in Australia to prevent such things so really just security. 

Nothing at all.I don`t have bars here but I will put them where I buy and build,it is a safety measure.I was always told security measures(to a certain extent) are to keep honest people out.If criminals really want in they will find a way but you have not made it easy.

There were a few stories in the UK about a gang going around to an empty (owner and family out) house and putting a ladder up to the roof then they would get up and pretend to repair it.1 person would slip inside the loft and 2 would still pretend to repair the roof,The person inside would get all the loot by the front door and tell his mates it was time.They would put the tiles back on and bring the ladder down and tie it on the van.The man inside the house would then open the front door and they would quickly load the van and drive off.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2018 at 1:35 PM, Old55 said:

I think it’s time we talked honestly about the shocking true risk the Philippines 🇵🇭 poses. The instant one enters the country you will be targeted with very few exceptions. It’s constant insidious and unrelating. Most single foreigners don’t stand a chance. 💘 

Like usual my humorous comment was unclear. Sorry folks.

The heart with arrow was meant to convey humor, that single Foreigners will very likely encounter amazing single ladies. Perhaps a few guys dressed that way. 

In no way was this meant to be derogatory to Philippines or Filipino people.

Edited by Old55

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Just make sure you wear your shirt in public. :mocking:

Capa
Posted
Posted

I still feel safer in the PI than when in lived in Atlanta, GA (twice), Raleigh, NC , or San Antonio, TX. People get murdered there everyday. I do have a 7 foot wall here with sharpened spikes and a heavy steel gate that I double lock so nobody can get in without my knowledge. I have an electrified fence, cameras, motion detectors, bright sodium vapor lights, a German Shepherd, and a Doberman Pincher. People here kill for the stupidest reason, friends killing friends, cousins killing cousins. They are proud of themselves for being seen as killers. They will kill someone and then just leave town for a while. I know of 3 cases in the 2 years that I've lived here now. I'm not that worried for myself, cause when your number is up, it's up. But that doesn't stop me from taking precautions and using common sense!

• Like 3
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1