Sorry Sir no more ferries til Sunday

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: 3 times this week we have been told this now, All I wanted to do is take some stuff to our Daughter in Mandaue. But it seems the Ferries are overbooked and a Standby thing is in place or they are just not sailing. I would use the barge and take the car but HTMBO says too costly and the  Paperwork is:omg::whatever:  We will see what happens, Do they really need all the Paperwork for a crossing to Cebu from Negros?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Do they really need all the Paperwork for a crossing to Cebu from Negros?

What paperwork?  I cross over between Sibulan and Liloan on the barge at least once a month with a car full of "stuff" and the only paperwork is 1200 pesos given, (round trip with all the additionals included - lots of additionals so keep lots of 20 peso notes handy), and a ticket is  given back.  They do look under your vehicle with the mirror thingy and they do note your license plate number but they don't give a hoot what is inside the car.  I tend to throw a blanket over whatever is in the back to keep nosy people from prying but no one asks. The hardest part of the ferry trip is figuring out where they want you to back up to.  Too many people giving different directions.

Not sure what you think of as too expensive but I spend about 600 pesos for gas each way (Sibulan to Cebu City) plus any driving around in Cebu.  Add that to my ferry price, meals, and the cost of a hotel for a night and its about a 5,000 peso trip.  The worst thing is the traffic but you can beat that by going on the very early Sunday morning Ferry and coming back during the day on Monday.  At least that is what works for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I think your trip is doomed by circumstances beyond your control.As Dave says no paperwork required on the barge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I think your trip is doomed by circumstances beyond your control.As Dave says no paperwork required on the barge.

what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg but it's OK thumbs up from a lady.jpg Stuff is going on the Noreco II van on Monday, I am not sure what the paperwork thing is all about but i will find out as to me, it is just an excuse not to take the car But...........:89: What or who am I to say too much :wink:

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: 3 times this week we have been told this now, All I wanted to do is take some stuff to our Daughter in Mandaue. But it seems the Ferries are overbooked and a Standby thing is in place or they are just not sailing. I would use the barge and take the car but HTMBO says too costly and the  Paperwork is:omg::whatever:  We will see what happens, Do they really need all the Paperwork for a crossing to Cebu from Negros?

We toured the southern islands 3 years ago. Each RORO first required Coast Guard Clearance. CG asked to see OR/CR/ID before issuing clearance. No CG clearance, no RORO ticket. The Cebu-Negros Barge we used was Tangil-Guihulngan ports.

We discovered the best inf for RORO schedules/locations was to call each Coast Guard location since they issue the clearances for RORO http://www.coastguard.gov.ph/index.php/districts  

Edited by Rooster
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Rooster said:

We discovered the best inf for RORO schedules/locations was to call each Coast Guard location

So the first-hand info I posted was useless?   Sorry @Jack Peterson I guess you better call the Coast Guard :wave:  Maybe it will be brought to their attention that the people where Kevin and I cross are not demanding the proper paperwork and next time the guards there will crack down on us.  Thanks, Rooster. 

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So the first-hand info I posted was useless?   Sorry @Jack Peterson I guess you better call the Coast Guard :wave:  Maybe it will be brought to their attention that the people where Kevin and I cross are not demanding the proper paperwork and next time the guards there will crack down on us.  Thanks, Rooster. 

During our 2 month trip exploring the Southern Islands, we discovered one cannot depend on RORO schedules/locations. Excuses given were the RORO sank, was in dry dock, went out or business, etc.  

The Coast Guard stations were the best source of inf for locations to cross and schedules. My observations were the CG were very strict issuing the permits and the process at each location required their clearance.  We had to pay for the clearances so I'm surprised CG would allow RORO  travel in any location without their paid clearance because they would lose money for each clearance per RORO.

Edited by Rooster

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

So I read this entire train wreck and now I need a beer 🍻 or two.

Jack, I suggest the same for you. Repeat as necessary.

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A Visit to the Coast guard was made and they tell me that it is New vehicles mainly without Proper Plates, so if the they vehicle is on the Temp plate using the Conduction Sticker number then the OR & CR and the permission to use paperwork is Required, The Barge they say is actually out of their jurisdiction at this time ( they know not why as they do inspect from time to time) Anyway no problem, Job is now sorted but the Topic may be of use for others.:thumbsup: 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Anyway no problem, Job is now sorted but the Topic may be of use for others

Good to hear you got it sorted.  I admit to a raised eyebrow, as I have crossed between a few other islands, over the years, and found a PNP representative to be the one to check OR and CR papers.  I had no idea the Coast Guard had any jurisdiction on that, at any port.  I do understand they have jurisdiction over cargo and whether the ferry runs or not.

• Like 1