House Fire. What precautions do you have?

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Dear All

Last night the house 2 doors from mine, here in Abu Dhabi, caught fire. Nobody was home but it took a while to get under control.

IMG_5353.JPG

I was just wondering what Fire precautions you may have taken in your houses. I can honestly say I have not done enough in my house in the Philippines but after last night I shall rectify that ASAP.

Please be safe.

Paul

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Dear All

Last night the house 2 doors from mine, here in Abu Dhabi, caught fire. Nobody was home but it took a while to get under control.

IMG_5353.JPG

I was just wondering what Fire precautions you may have taken in your houses. I can honestly say I have not done enough in my house in the Philippines but after last night I shall rectify that ASAP.

Please be safe.

Paul

Hardiflex fire proof ceilings, Steel Struts & steel Roof, concrete walls & floor, all fireproof. I'm prepared. Also have 2 Eco Gas tanks. 1 for the main, 1 for the dirty kitchen.

Worst that could happen is a kitchen grease fire. Got an Extinguisher for that. 

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

None needed at my place really, unless I have a lithium ion fire.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, PaulB said:

I was just wondering what Fire precautions you may have taken in your houses

When/if it happens:

Charge it.jpg

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

My fire protection here is.... I rent. If the house burns down I will rent a different one... :cheersty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

For this reason I decided not to use gas, just electric  cookers. Sure runs up the power bill how ever gives peace of mind when away knowing our over sized maid will be stuffing herself all day.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, RBM said:

For this reason I decided not to use gas, just electric  cookers

I had the belief (misconception?) that electric fires were more common than gas fires in Philippines.  But I did no research on it.  Did you look into that?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I had the belief (misconception?) that electric fires were more common than gas fires in Philippines.  But I did no research on it.  Did you look into that?

:shades: Have to Admit that seems the way, good point young man as wherever we see a fire mentioned ( Recent in dumaguete Store) electrical fault seems to get the Blame most times, Not heard in recent times of a Gas Cooker/ Burner rings going up in smoke

• Like 1