Last WIll and Testament in Tagalog or Ilocano.

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

My other half Amie (or sometimes known as she who must be obeyed) has had the hurry up phone call to return to Santiago City again. The previous time her mum rallied however, now she is nearing the end after a long and dignified battle with CA and is intestate.

There is a good reason why a Will has not been made before now. 

The family need a copy of a Last Will and Testament form or link in either Tagolog or Ilocano, can anyone here help me please?

I have searched the Internet but have not found anything suitable.

Thanks in Anticipation,

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, There's-a-chance. said:

The family need a copy of a Last Will and Testament form or link in either Tagolog or Ilocano

While that would be nice, holographic wills are legal in Philippines (subject to mandatory inheritance laws).  That means all a person has to do is write, in their own handwriting/printing, what they want in their will.

http://www.manilatimes.net/handwritten-will-needs-no-witnesses-it-must-be-signed-and-dated/19680/

• Like 1

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

Dave dear boy I should perhaps have mentioned Mamang through her illness does not have the propper use of her hands. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, There's-a-chance. said:

Thank you for the suggestion though.

https://www.scribd.com/document/358238554/Huling-Habilin-Soledad

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Theres a Chance

My wife and i wrote our wills in Santiago City in December. It must be Handwritten and a Notary must stamp it. Ours was in Tagalog and I got an English translation notarised also. I will be in Santiago from 19th July if you are around.

Best of luck and best wishes.

Paul

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

Hello Paul, Amie will arrive there Sunday, I will attend when and as mate. However, I'll post my dates on here.

6 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Theres a Chance

I will be in Santiago from 19th July if you are around.

Best of luck and best wishes.

Paul

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, There's-a-chance. said:

Mamang through her illness does not have the propper use of her hands. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Get an Attorney and show them this ruling Then have the Attorney do The will: 

Philippine Supreme Court Ruling/Precedence   G.R. No. L-15153             August 31, 1960

Where a testator does not know how, or is unable for any reason, to sign the will himself, it shall be signed in the following manner:

John Doe by the testator, Richard Doe; or in this form: "By the testator, John Doe, Richard Doe." All this must be written by the witness signing at the request of the testator.

https://www.lawphil.net/judjuris/juri1960/aug1960/gr_l-15153_1960.html

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

Rooster, I am truly grateful for you providing this Case Stated point of law. When Amie is with her mother come this Monday she will ascertain her ability to make her signature or witnessed mark. Matters then will revolve around that issue and legal advice will need to be implemented alongside your input.

Thank you once again.

• Like 1