ATM limit 10k per withdrawal?? Alternatives?

hk blues
Posted
Posted

The 10,000 is a daily limit, at least with BPI and Metrobank. BPI used to allow 20k per day but perhaps no longer. The 10k is not unreasonable given income levels here. In the UK (20 years ago mind you) it was 250GBP which was probably about 1 weeks wages - 10k is probably more than 1 weeks wages here - everything is relative.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The 10,000 is a daily limit, at least with BPI and Metrobank

Question:  Does your bank allow more than 10,000 withdrawn daily?

Mine does.  On one account I can withdraw 10K in one transaction and 5K on the next (to stay under my CDN$ 500 per day limit).  On 2 other accounts, I can withdraw 3 10K transactions a day.  One is a Canadian account with a 1,000 dollar a day limit.  The other is a Philippine account with 30K a day limit.

I have done this with BPI, Metrobank, BDO and others so the 10K is not a daily limit, for me.  Your mileage will vary.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm with the HSBC and can withdraw up to 50k peso daily from my local PNB ATM in increments of 10k at no charge.

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The 10,000 is a daily limit, at least with BPI and Metrobank. BPI used to allow 20k per day but perhaps no longer. The 10k is not unreasonable given income levels here. In the UK (20 years ago mind you) it was 250GBP which was probably about 1 weeks wages - 10k is probably more than 1 weeks wages here - everything is relative.

When did the 10K limit with BPI start. I just returned from town, got 20k at BPI no problem.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Rooster said:

When did the 10K limit with BPI start. I just returned from town, got 20k at BPI no problem.

Rooster, can I ask what card you drew on Local or International?

Rooster
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Rooster, can I ask what card you drew on Local or International?

My Primary is a U.S. International Debit Card - Mastercard - Allows 20K withdrawals at BPI. BPI charges 250 fee per withdraw, Bank charges no International Fee Charge. Systems on back of the card are  MasterCard, Cirrus, Maestro, accel, Pulse,  Star, AFN, co-op

Back up card is a U.S. International Debit Card - VISA - Allows 20K withdrawals at BPI. BPI charges 250 fee per withdraw, Bank charges $3.50 International Fee per withdraw. Systems on back of the card are cirrus, CUhere, CU24, AFN, Interlink, accel, Allpoint.

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just as a small reference I list this;

Here are the results for Philippine bank ATM withdrawal limits: 

Bank   Max. Amount

BDO₱10,000.00

PNB₱20,000.00

BPI₱20,000.00*

HSBC₱50,000.00

UnionBank₱20,000.00

EastWest BankCustomizable

Maybank₱20,000.00

ChinaBank₱30,000.00

** Edit**;

BPI tell me on contacting that it very much depends on the card used as to whether a max of 10k or 20k is dispensed I can only presume that those only getting the 10k as most of us will on International cards do not have  a card that BPI likes too much :smile: We tried earlier and on my Norwich and Peterborough (UK visa card) it would only give 10k as always YMMV

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Bank   Max. Amount

BDO₱10,000.00

PNB₱20,000.00

BPI₱20,000.00*

HSBC₱50,000.00

UnionBank₱20,000.00

Maybank₱20,000.00

ChinaBank₱30,000.00

I think you will find that the limits in individual banks are set by themselves.I can get 20k-20k-10k per day with PNB with their card.

I can only get 10k out at other banks,it is a chipped card.

With my uk Visa card I can only get out 10k at a time. I am not sure of the daily limit,but using a foreign bank card here in the long term is not feasible as the charges are high and exchange not so good with Nat West in the UK.

This is why I transfer money using transferwise or some such company.

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Just as a small reference I list this;

Bank   Max. Amount

BDO₱10,000.00

PNB₱20,000.00

BPI₱20,000.00*

HSBC₱50,000.00

UnionBank₱20,000.00

Maybank₱20,000.00

ChinaBank₱30,000.00

** Edit**;

BPI tell me on contacting that it very much depends on the card used as to whether a max of 10k or 20k is dispensed I can only presume that those only getting the 10k as most of us will on International cards do not have  a card that BPI likes too much :smile: We tried earlier and on my Norwich and Peterborough (UK visa card) it would only give 10k as always YMMV

Correct. My 2 Banks allow $500 maximum per 24 Hour period which enables me to get 20K per transactions. As others have posted, it depends on ones financial institution they have their debit/atm card with. 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

My understanding of the OP's original post was withdrawing funds using an overseas bank card.

Both my BDO and BPI accounts have a daily limit of 50k. When I opened the accounts the default daily limit was 20k but, at my request, they were happy to increase that to 50k. However, even so, the most I am able to withdraw per transaction is 10k, even just 5k from some BDO atm's

My UK debit cards have a £500 daily limit (which I can withdraw in a single transaction in the UK)  but the most I can withdraw each time in phils is now 10k, where it used to be 20k. The cynic in me thinks the recent reduction in the amount that can be withdrawn each time is down to the profit the bank makes each time. 

I am interested to know if Jacks table of limits is a daily one or per atm withdrawal? I would be very surprised, but very happy, if I could get 50k from a single atm withdrawal. Unfortunately we don't have an HSBC here. I have tried getting 20k from each bank in CDO but they are all, without exception now 10k.

Ken