Need help with Info on Certificate of Legal Capcity

bahmed02
Posted
Posted

Thanks so much for your kind help, really appreciate it. I can do with any help I can get!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, bahmed02 said:

Thanks so much for your kind help, really appreciate it. I can do with any help I can get!

Certificate of Legal Capacity. to do what? Marry? Embassy  Adopt? Lawyer.  Stay sane? stick with us here:smile:

Whatever  Welcome.jpg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, bahmed02 said:

Thanks for info, bro. The fact is that I am divorced now, with Decree Nisi & Absolute.  Does that help  in getting that Certificate of Legal Capacity.

:whistling: It not only helps it is a must. But you can obtain this in the UK from Your local registrar but you have to submit to the Philippine embassy for verification Before the registrar here would accept the CNI but things change, look at the link 

Certificate of Legal Capcity;

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

@sonjack2847

@Jack Peterson

The above are two of our British members who were married in Philippines.  I have tagged them so that they will notice and hopefully shed light on what Her Majesty will do for you.  Other members may also chime in so check back often to see who has some practical experience in this.

Things have changed a bit since I got married but earlier I have posted the up to date requirements However I wish the OP good luck in all things:thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little

Clermont
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, bahmed02 said:

Thanks for info, bro. The fact is that I am divorced now, with Decree Nisi & Absolute.  Does that help  in getting that Certificate of Legal Capacity.

Your legal paperwork, Decree Nisi & Absolute is the document that they are after and it should be witnessed by a legal person, (her in Aussie we call them Justice of the Peace,) if not the original, take a few copies with you, you'll need them, the rest can be done over there. 

There is a lot of paperwork you have to bring over, in the next day or two I'll research it and post it for you.

She has to go to the NSO office and request a Cenomar to get a copy of a NO MARRIAGE certificate and pay the fee plus she has to get a lot of documentation together too.

It sounds daunting but it is not really, just a bit different to our procedure, and of course you will be mucked around, take it in your stride, be patient even with the intended, and remember if there is a little problem in her getting any of her paperwork, she will say, "it's your fault", just do what this bloke does :lipssealed_80_anim_gif: and say yes dear.

A little bit of advice if I may: Always be neat and tidy, wear long pants when going into a government office and never smell like grog or swear when things aren't going your way. 

All the best and let us know how you get on. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Marriage in the Philippines - GOV.UK

https://www.gov.uk › ... › Birth, death and marriage abroad
Go to bottom of page, click getting married abroad, go to start now, follow prompts.
As a footnote: before leaving the UK, you will need a letter from a priest, or judge , police, the higher rank the better, or a person of standing in the community to say you are of good character, make sure it is certified and get certified copies. Try to get two character references also.  Also you may need a bank account Number in UK, tax advice notice, bank statement and proof of how you are going to support your intended. There are lots of sites linked to this question, some are only basic information, the more paperwork you bring across about yourself and supporting documents, the better.
There is a segment called LINKS in the Browse section that could be of interest to you, I will post this LINK in it as down along the track you might need to peruse it again. 
Good luck. :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Clermont said:

As a footnote: before leaving the UK, you will need a letter from a priest, or judge , police, the higher rank the better, or a person of standing in the community to say you are of good character, make sure it is certified and get certified copies.

just for reference;

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Thanks Jack, but I have been reading links all day and I haven't come across a police clearance for marriage, but as the post has not stated whether he intends to stay or go back home, I have only stuck with requirements for marriage in the Philippines. :thumbsup:

• Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

And take your divorce papers with you.

• Like 1