Acclimatize, of not?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Anyone who can sport a "cat who ate the canary" look while wearing a pink shirt is definitely cool AND self confiden

Go Jack!  When I worked in the USA I wore a dress shirt and tie every day for many years.  Several of those shirts were pink and if I was ever questioned about "why pink" I would tell them that it takes a "real man" to wear pink.  I never seemed to lack for female companionship so I think the ladies were fine with the pink shirts.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

Not quite. A dehumidifier doesn't specifically cool the air, in fact a by-product of the process is heat. A dehumdifier uses a lot less power than an aircon unit hence my original question.

Ken

My dehumidifier takes about 800 watts, that's just over 1hp. The non compressor types heat but as far as I'm aware the compressor types work by cooling the condensor plate.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Gary D said:

as I'm aware the compressor types work by cooling the condensor plate

Heat does not just disappear.  If the compressor cools the condenser plate then what happens to the heat it is removing? 

According to this site :

There's also some additional heat generated by the dehumidifier's air compressor. . . . dehumidifiers are designed to remove moisture from the air, not cool it. Unfortunately, the way they remove this moisture is to reheat the air to further dry it after it releases its moisture.

Thus at least some dehumidifiers actually heat the air rather than cooling it.  I think I'll stick with an air conditioner, at least until I visit someone who already has a working dehumidifier and fan in a room which actually feels cool. :56da64b0e8139_36_1_471:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Peter thinking.jpg :hystery: I'm :cool: :SugarwareZ-004:

drinking sprite Jack :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, jimeve said:

drinking sprite Jack :cheersty:

I think I was confused  confused baby.jpg or maybe it is a must in a Pink Shirt :hystery:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Haha 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 6/25/2018 at 7:13 PM, Jack Peterson said:

I think I was confused  confused baby.jpg or maybe it is a must in a Pink Shirt :hystery:

Hey, it isn't pink, it's fuchsia. :wink:

• Haha 2