Manila mtr

Howard
Posted
Posted
On 6/23/2018 at 7:40 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Have any foreigners used it and lived to tell about it?  :hystery:

I had a plan to try that a couple of years back but got scared off by all the negative reports from other foreigners.  If you do it, be sure to report back.

Dave, the trains are really not bad in Manila. I grew up in Philadelphia and was using public transit since I was like 6 years old. I've seen unbelievable things in the Subways there, NYC and Chicago. I ride the trains here all the time, sometimes with the wife and sometimes by myself I've yet to have anyone bother me or be shocked by anything.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We used it once when the taxi was gridlocked leaving Makati, jumped out and walked 100 yards to the station we could see in front of us and travelled to Quiapo. It was standing room only but as I was head and shoulders above everyone else it wasn't a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 6/24/2018 at 3:33 PM, bastonjock said:

I hear that the traffic is crazy

Just import one of these

bob1965
Posted
Posted

If you have luggage, don't do it. I took the mrt just to experience it as well...experienced it. Wouldn’t do it again unless I had too. I though the trains were crowded in Bangkok. Manila is way worse. Try grab instead. Or look into the new-ish bus service.

• Like 1