Seasonal illness

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Seasonal illnesses like the summer cold and hay fever do they happen in the Philippines.

This last few weeks my hay fever has been bad, no sleep running nose sore throat and so on , but hopefully it should be over soon, so i was wondering are there things like this over there.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I get fairly bad seasonal allergies in southern Australia but I don't suffer as bad in northern Australia and I haven’t had it in the Philippines because the plants I am allergic to don’t grow there.

It depends upon what you’re allergic to if you will or you won’t.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Love it 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, stevewool said:

This last few weeks my hay fever has been bad, no sleep running nose sore throat and so on , but hopefully it should be over soon, so i was wondering are there things like this over there.

Yes Steve me too! the pollen count is very high at the moment in UK, it's the sore eyes that get to me. :thumbsup:

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Yes Steve me too! the pollen count is very high at the moment in UK, it's the sore eyes that get to me. :thumbsup:

Next doors Privet edge is over grown plus its flowering so its doors shut at this moment,

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I had terrible allergies when I lived in Washington state USA.  They were year around but worst in Spring (pollen) and Fall (falling/decaying leaves).   We moved here in October 2013.  The first two years my allergies were much better than in the USA.  Since then they have gotten progressively worse but still not as bad as what I had in the USA.  As Geoff mentioned in his post a lack of the plants you are allergic to should help, but like me you may then develop allergies to the plants that are common here.  Have you tried a nasal spray with the ingredient  Fluticasone Propionate(Glucocorticoid).  I started using this a few months back and it helps a lot.  There are several brand names so you can do a google search to find what is available near you.  Here I had to order it via Amazon.com as a Kirkland product called "Aller-Flo".  I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, stevewool said:

Seasonal illnesses like the summer cold and hay fever do they happen in the Philippines.

I get hayfever here and I take Neozep which is for colds but contains anti- hisatmine so reduces the symptoms.I cant work out the seasons here as they are all hot haha.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I get seasonally sick around April 15.

• Haha 4

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Hi Steve,

Back in Rhode Island, leaf mold was a big allergy issue for me and it seemed that allergies/sinus problems, were a bother quite often. Since moving here I've had much better breathing and few complaints.  Only do I get some itchy eyes for a short time when certain trees are blooming.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

The only seasonal thing I can really Moan about is the damn Dust in this Dry Weather, I have taken to wearing a mask now when out walking the dogs, Not a medical problem but................:wink:

Edited by Jack Peterson
spelling

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I generally don't suffer from allergies but do notice when the diesel polution gets particularly thick.