Building a appartment

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Rooster said:

Something to ponder. 

Indeed! but i am not sure that this would be in the realms of Steves Dilema. having said that, of course we should remember that the top Motive for Family member murder is over Land. Now that is Something to Ponder over, I will wholeheartedly agree with you that outside a couple of Rentals, property empires are just not worth it for us (The Foreigner)  We have one here in Dumaguete doing time for Operating a Boarding House on a (9a) It could have been worse but as I say I am almost certain that this is not the concerns that Steve has, Family is the problem there (or it may well become that) Lets all hope please that common sense comes into play here for him and/or others that might get caught up in the property issues with family ( land especially) :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Steve, it’s clear you and Emma have a wonderful relationship and you both will find a solution that is acceptable to each of you.

Perhaps you both should come to a detailed agreement well before you move to Philippines 🇵🇭. If you can’t agree maybe living there isn’t an option for you. Emma needs to decide what is most important, so do you.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Indeed! but i am not sure that this would be in the realms of Steves Dilema. having said that, of course we should remember that the top Motive for Family member murder is over Land. Now that is Something to Ponder over, I will wholeheartedly agree with you that outside a couple of Rentals, property empires are just not worth it for us (The Foreigner)  We have one here in Dumaguete doing time for Operating a Boarding House on a (9a) It could have been worse but as I say I am almost certain that this is not the concerns that Steve has, Family is the problem there (or it may well become that) Lets all hope please that common sense comes into play here for him and/or others that might get caught up in the property issues with family ( land especially) :thumbsup:

I am a NO person until I have time to study it and ask questions about it to others who have gone before me, then still the answer is NO.

It's took a few years but the cash in my pocket is safer where it is.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Steve, it’s clear you and Emma have a wonderful relationship and you both will find a solution that is acceptable to each of you.

Perhaps you both should come to a detailed agreement well before you move to Philippines 🇵🇭. If you can’t agree maybe living there isn’t an option for you. Emma needs to decide what is most important, so do you.

We do get on very well and I wear my heart on my sleeve where Emma is concerned, and I am sure we both wants what is best for both of us.

Spain has been mentioned on a few occasions, maybe it's a case of a good few years touring before we call anywhere our permanent home.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Steve judging by your past experience with Emma`s family I would suggest that if you need a base then buy something away from the family as they are not to be trusted.Then it is Emma`s and their grubby little fingers will not f it up for her. JMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: A very Good Friend here on the forum summed up in a short chat, WE (the Foreigner) are only as good/safe as the Relationship we have, should that go down the Pan, Well? I am not going to even try disprove that statement

This is 100% true.  However, I wonder if it is any different in any other country?  Imagine a Filipina moving to the UK and subsequently the relationship breaks up - how much security does she really have?  Likely little money to fight legal battles etc.  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

This is 100% true.  However, I wonder if it is any different in any other country?  Imagine a Filipina moving to the UK and subsequently the relationship breaks up - how much security does she really have?  Likely little money to fight legal battles etc.  

I take your point but there is a large Difference in that any Visa granted would have had just this thing, investigated, they would not necessary fall without anything, oranges and apples comes to mind here. In the UK any property would be shared and if it is a divorce then the law would provide, if Single, that will have been looked into at visa stage, Here! we (the foreigner) are not even on the Radar. Such are my thoughts based on previous members fall outs after relocating their Partner. Foreigners in the UK (Or US) have far more rights than we will ever have here. I tend to think that this is the reason we take more care of our Current Relationships.

I hear less from the UK than the US about marriage failure after relocating but then If it does not affect me I just pass it off as Oh well they tried.

In Short, as the Boss ( JGF) stated recently, Newbies really do need to read up on the PI and  it's Laws so we don't get caught with our Pants down:wink:

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

The difference here in England is that the young ladies have many friends who can help point towards the proper channels of screwing the ex partners , and dont get me wrong some ex partners deserve everything they get taken of them..

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I take your point but there is a large Difference in that any Visa granted would have had just this thing, investigated, they would not necessary fall without anything, oranges and apples comes to mind here. In the UK any property would be shared and if it is a divorce then the law would provide, if Single, that will have been looked into at visa stage, Here! we (the foreigner) are not even on the Radar. Such are my thoughts based on previous members fall outs after relocating their Partner. Foreigners in the UK (Or US) have far more rights than we will ever have here. I tend to think that this is the reason we take more care of our Current Relationships.

I hear less from the UK than the US about marriage failure after relocating but then If it does not affect me I just pass it off as Oh well they tried.

In Short, as the Boss ( JGF) stated recently, Newbies really do need to read up on the PI and  it's Laws so we don't get caught with our Pants down:wink:

Its all a learning curve and i am sure we all have been caught out by something we did not realize that was happening, the problem then lies if you let it happen again and again .