Proof of life form stuck in customs examination?

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted

So, every year I send in my completed SSA form back to the USA via PhilPost registered mail - never a problem. Plus you can track it all the way until it's handed off to USPS, etc. 

This year, the tracking info displays something different at the USA destination side; "Received at country of destinaton", then a day later, "Item for customs examination" - which as the last entry in the tracking history - been that way for over a week. 

So, I'm thinking - is it now stuck there for a while?  Or is it just the last info PhilPost can supply? Why would a simple one page letter inside a gov printed return envelope go to customs examination for who knows how long?  Anybody else seen this?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

So, every year I send in my completed SSA form back to the USA via PhilPost registered mail - never a problem. Plus you can track it all the way until it's handed off to USPS, etc. 

This year, the tracking info displays something different at the USA destination side; "Received at country of destinaton", then a day later, "Item for customs examination" - which as the last entry in the tracking history - been that way for over a week. 

So, I'm thinking - is it now stuck there for a while?  Or is it just the last info PhilPost can supply? Why would a simple one page letter inside a gov printed return envelope go to customs examination for who knows how long?  Anybody else seen this?

Perhaps the entry is the last stage tracked rather than where it is now?

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Ive sent proof of life forms and passport renewal  by lbc both times could only track for the first 2 days then nothing until the packages had arrived and been signed for ! According to thetracking no my packages were in tieup for 3 days !

roddavis
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

Ive sent proof of life forms and passport renewal  by lbc both times could only track for the first 2 days then nothing until the packages had arrived and been signed for ! According to thetracking no my packages were in tieup for 3 days !

Pretty normal with LBC! I just sent my form to the States(to my son to mail) . The tracking shes the same in tie up, then shows arriving in States, then delivery and signed  by Son's wife. He stamped the envelope and sent USPS to SSA. That seems to work ok thru LBC. In all took about 5 business days to get in my son.s hands!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I use phillpost registered and have never had a problem in 7 years.Takes from 5-10 days to the UK.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, roddavis said:

Pretty normal with LBC! I just sent my form to the States(to my son to mail) . The tracking shes the same in tie up, then shows arriving in States, then delivery and signed  by Son's wife. He stamped the envelope and sent USPS to SSA. That seems to work ok thru LBC. In all took about 5 business days to get in my son.s hands!

My wife did the same thing,,,(I am still a punk and don't qualify yet) 1400 peso investment. Spend money to make money. 

TimL
Posted
Posted

I think that’s probably pretty normal. I frequently get packages and registered mail from overseas into the US and the tracking almost always showed received in NYC. then the next entry is @ US Customs where it’s sits to undergo inspection for a day, 2 or 3 and then it’s released to USPS and its on way. I’ve seen customs hold my packages for. Total of 5 days before the USPS scan afterwards. Hope that helps but, I wouldn’t worry for several days at least.