ShippingCart.com

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Has anybody tried ShippingCart.com to purchase at U.S. online stores and ship to PH?  Their sea rates seem ok and are by volume, not weight.

Any other shopping services that you have used and recommend?  We haven't had a thread on this for a while so it would be good to get updates.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Johnny Air Cargo

Thanks, I will take a look!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

OMW, I have been using Johnny Air Cargo every month lately for many online US purchases and have them shipped here.  I really like them. Their pick-up office is in SM Mall Cebu, and they also delivery free to customers in the Cebu City Mandaue City areas.  You just provide a tracking number and orders are shipped in country in my case Woodside/Queens NY.  They in turn fly my packages over in around 2 weeks time from when they receive them. Packages arrive just as if you received them from the US--no open boxes or extra taxes charged.  I'm so grateful and happy to get stuff that I don't really make too much about the cost but it seems reasonable to me for the service:smile: I used to order things or have friends relatives mail me stuff USPS Air Mail, and oftentimes they never arrived, so the cost is worth it to me to always get my items in a safe and timely way. You can order from places outside of the US too, as they are just sent to their local office in Woodside, or one of their other offices in the US.  To place orders I use a BDO debit card (Visa) and pay cash at pick-up.  I hope this helps.

https://johnnyairplus.com/

Queenie, they only mention claiming packages at 3 locations in Metro Manila and delivery in Metro Manila.  I don't see anything about Cebu or other areas.  Am I missing it?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't see anything about Cebu or other areas.  Am I missing it?

9. Main pick-up locations for shipping payment are as follows:
Makati head office – G/F CJV Bldg 108 Aguirre Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City
Johnny Air Plus – SM Megamall branch – L/G Building A SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City
Johnny Air Plus Visayas – L/G SM CITY CEBU Juan Luna Ave Cor Cabahug And Kaohsiung Street.
Johnny Air Plus – Mindanao – 127 Door 2 Abiva Publishing Bldg.,McArthur Hi-way Matina, Davao City

https://johnnyairplus.com/2018/01/29/save-2018-for-2018/

• Thanks 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I was looking at Johnny Air, but have not used them yet.  We just get a balikbayan box once a year.  My family must be getting tired of sending boxes ha ha :tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

9. Main pick-up locations for shipping payment are as follows:
Makati head office – G/F CJV Bldg 108 Aguirre Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City
Johnny Air Plus – SM Megamall branch – L/G Building A SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City
Johnny Air Plus Visayas – L/G SM CITY CEBU Juan Luna Ave Cor Cabahug And Kaohsiung Street.
Johnny Air Plus – Mindanao – 127 Door 2 Abiva Publishing Bldg.,McArthur Hi-way Matina, Davao City

https://johnnyairplus.com/2018/01/29/save-2018-for-2018/

OK, the main "How to Ship" does not have those.  In any case, no locations near me so I guess I am Johnny Out of Luck!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

OK, the main "How to Ship" does not have those.  In any case, no locations near me so I guess I am Johnny Out of Luck!

Too bad OMW. You'll have to keep searching for one near you.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Queenie, they only mention claiming packages at 3 locations in Metro Manila and delivery in Metro Manila.  I don't see anything about Cebu or other areas.  Am I missing it?

Top of their page they have Manila, Cebu and Davao links. Why would it not be possible for a courier to pick up and deliver to your door ? 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Top of their page they have Manila, Cebu and Davao links. Why would it not be possible for a courier to pick up and deliver to your door ? 

It probably would be possible, but unless they are a lot cheaper and faster than their competitors, it would not be cost and time effective.  For $10 flat fee, that other one will deliver to me and I don't have to have any hassles.

I know some others have used other services.  Any other ideas?