ShippingCart.com

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jake said:

And to compliment your spirit of adventure -- Canadian Mist and Seven Up (Mist and 7), and up close to a warm and cozy fireplace.....in the middle of a blizzard.  It worked for me.....he, he.  

I'd think we'd need a group buy to spread out the costs if we wanted anyone to deliver a blizzard here... :smile:

Edited by JDDavao
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I'd think we'd need a group buy to spread out the costs if we wanted anyone to deliver a blizzard here

I can drink one by myself :7481:

Blizzard.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

OMY, Was that clear for you?  What do you feel the cost would now be?  Best I can see in their example is 8x8x4?  I can see where this my be helpful for some small very heavy items.  Still It seems it would be nice to have my items packed tight in a box with little wasted air space like we pack BB Boxes.  Still not sure yet what I think.  I'll be interested in the answer to your other question.

A bit vague and who knows what the result is????

On one hand, most of the boxes from Amazon have lots of packing and air in them, so you don't want it sent "As is".

On the other hand, if they packed a box with your items and then measured the box, it would have to be the perfect box, perfectly packed, in order to benefit the customer.

I'm willing to give it a try because of the cheap ocean rate.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2018 at 2:13 PM, intrepid said:

I'll be interested in the answer to your other question.

After 3 e-mails back and forth from them, I think I understand the SEA rates. I'll say it nicely and not get personal.  The agent helping me seem to have a problem understanding my questions.

Ignore the reference to "inch".  Every answer given referred to pounds and inch was never mentioned, although I never got them to say "that is an error, we will fix it".

When I used the 10 X 10 X 10 example, the calculator shows $28.22  That is actually the minimum charge.  The minimum charge is the smallest box they use, which is 12 X 12 X 12.  The volume weight calculation for that is 12 X 12 X 12 = 1768 cubic inches.  1768 / 166 = 10.41 lbs.  10.41 X $1.75 per lb = $18.22.  Add $10 for delivery = $28.22

If you have 10 X 12 X 14 of objects, that is also 1768 cubic inches, etc., 9 X 12 X 15.... and that would also be minimum charge.

That is all based on the dimensions of your objects, as shown in the other post.  So, for example, if you ship objects 10 X 10 X 10, 1000 cubic inches, you will still be charged the minimum based on 1768 cubic inches.

If you have more than 12 X 12 X 12, it all works out as shown in the calculator.  I checked various dimensions in the calculator and they all match my manual calculations.  You can put up to 999 lbs and the rate will not change.  Should be a good way to send those gold bars over!

Here is a chart I made with my manual calcs, and they match the online calcs.

Screenshot (256).png

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks OMW,  Very interesting.  And I think I understand your communication issue with the agent.  We all have had similar issues with someone not understanding us and can get very frustrating.  Anyway, the prices don't seem too high for the service offered.  That 20 x 20 x20 is very close in price to shipping a BB box and they are doing much more work for you.  Nice to have that option if needed.:tiphat:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Thanks OMW,  Very interesting.  And I think I understand your communication issue with the agent.  We all have had similar issues with someone not understanding us and can get very frustrating.  Anyway, the prices don't seem too high for the service offered.  That 20 x 20 x20 is very close in price to shipping a BB box and they are doing much more work for you.  Nice to have that option if needed.:tiphat:

I'm going to give it a try.  Of course, it would not be as good as someone tightly packing a BB box, but sending a BB box is also a lot of work for the sender.  Receiving the items, storing the items, packing the items, arranging pickup, paying for it, etc.  My sister has done it for me before but I know she was not thrilled about it.  It is worth it to me to sacrifice a bit in order to bypass her.  Last time I sent one was when I was visiting, so I took care of all of that.  It is also easier and cost effective to send smaller boxes more frequently, rather than waiting for enough to fill a big BB box.

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

t is also easier and cost effective to send smaller boxes more frequently, rather than waiting for enough to fill a big BB box. 

100% agreement with that one.  We are still waiting for the boxes we packed and shipped when back in the states April-May.  It was a lot of time spent shopping, which was okay for the girls.  However, it was time consuming to do the arrangement and packing.  When things come up that are needed before our next trip I may give it a try also.  Thanks again for the info.

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

Your lucky, my 5 x 1qm boxes from Iraq took 15 months to reach Manila, but at least it all arrived 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

For those interested....

I ordered a lot of stuff on Amazon the past few days, during and after their Prime Day sale.  Shipping Cart e-mails me when they receive something, and so far they have processed 4 small items, and this is what I see online in my cart:

Screenshot (264).png

So as more items arrive, they will add them in.  I'll place my final order on Amazon tomorrow, so hopefully Shipping Cart will have it all ready to ship next week.  I'm sure I will be over the minimum and it will be interesting to see how they stack everything up and give me the final dimensions.

• Like 1

Ryan.
Posted
Posted

I tried Shipping Cart twice.

The shipping from California to Cebu initial arrival point was faster then from Cebu initial arrival point to final Cebu destination address both times. Basically half way around the world was faster then the last 10 km or so. The handoff for final delivery is a crap shoot and they tried to get me to pick up the item in Mactan after they screwed up. My address is in the easy or almost easy to find catagory.

They also update tracking circa 1997.

Naturally, that was my experience only.

From what I investigated as long as no problems then great service but any glitch = nightmare.

2x bad experiences. Never again. 

To be fair both shipments did arrive, so honesty not an issue. No extra fees just like they indicated. Many people swear by them, too.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1