Coca Cola!

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Jollibees and Greenwich seem to have beee out, for a while... S&R still has coke (all I care is coke zero).  :tiphat:

Here in Davao, S&R was out of Coke last month.

Doesn't Pepsi use aspartame here? 

robert k
Posted
Posted

Bottled Coke seems to be in short supply in the Naga CamSur area in Robinsons or SM, except in cans. Sent my help out to find some regular coke and they were back shortly. I asked where they found it and they said Sari store. Might be worth a try if you are jonesing for cola. None of the restaurants have coke.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just got back from S&R... they have a sign on the soda fountain that coke is unavailable due to "delivery issues".  They do have bottled coke, though.  I went to the new S&R restaurant, at Robinsons mall the other day and they still had fountain drinks.  Probably saved it for the grand opening. (new resto, not attached to a grocery store)  :tiphat:

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Hooray!  We went to KFC today and they had fountain Coke.  That is the first time anyone has had it since my original post.

So Coca Cola can continue on addicting and poisoning the Philippines population!:hystery:

• Like 3

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

S&R has a Coke again for a couple of weeks. Went there a couple of weeks and and again today. Plenty of fountain Coke to go around now it seems.

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Well maybe this article has something to do with this whole problem.

https://www.philstar.com/business/2018/08/18/1843479/coke-femsa-exits-philippines

• Like 1

Howard
Posted
Posted

I noticed something yesterday about the bottled coke that is available now. It says at the top of the bottle "original taste, less sugar". After looking at the ingredients I see it now has Sucrolose. So, it is basically Diet Coke without the label! Pretty sneaky of them if you ask me.  

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Howard said:

I noticed something yesterday about the bottled coke that is available now. It says at the top of the bottle "original taste, less sugar". After looking at the ingredients I see it now has Sucrolose. So, it is basically Diet Coke without the label! Pretty sneaky of them if you ask me.  

There was still the original, original Coke in the SM we shop at, along with that one. I don't like the flavors that the sugar substitutes impart so if Coke is going to switch to a sugar/Sucrolose combination, goodbye Coke.

Edit: And I still don't see fountain Coke down here, as of last week, anyway.

Edited by JDDavao
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I don't like the flavors that the sugar substitutes impart so if Coke is going to switch to a sugar/Sucrolose combination, goodbye Coke.

Google says "Splenda is the most common sucralose-based product." I used that Splenda product when I was richer.  Tastes just like sugar at 10 times the price.  One of the best sugar substitutes out there, IMHO

Howard
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JDDavao said:

There was still the original, original Coke in the SM we shop at, along with that one. I don't like the flavors that the sugar substitutes impart so if Coke is going to switch to a sugar/Sucrolose combination, goodbye Coke.

Edit: And I still don't see fountain Coke down here, as of last week, anyway.

Same here JD! I would never drink Diet Coke in the states because of it first having Aspartame and later Sucralose, and I won't be drinking this. Goodbye Coke!

• Like 1