Conversion 13a (Probationary) to 13a (Permanent)

ITGeek
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello,

My 13a Probationary Resident Visa will expire on Aug 10, 2018.  After reading the BI website, it appears to follow the same process for my original 13a Resident Visa application.

As a foreign national,  my NBI clearance expires next week.  I wish to avoid travelling to Main BI office, so my plan is to renew my NBI clearance online (clearance.nbi.gov.ph) and have it delivered (outside of NCR).  Does anyone know if this would be accepted by BI as part of my 13a conversion application?

Thanks!

Edited by ITGeek

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I did my NBI application online, and paid at 7-11, but had to go in person to pick it up.  Do they deliver?

• Like 1

Howard
Posted
Posted

If your probationary expires August 10th, why don't you just submit the paperwork this week for your permanant 13a? I seem to remember starting the process at least a month before it had expired.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Howard said:

If your probationary expires August 10th, why don't you just submit the paperwork this week for your permanant 13a? I seem to remember starting the process at least a month before it had expired.

Yes, you need to get moving.  I was a bit late.  I have a post on that someplace.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Read this and there might be some tips for you:

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I did my NBI application online, and paid at 7-11, but had to go in person to pick it up.  Do they deliver?

According to the NBI clearance web site, they do deliver documents now.

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, you need to get moving.  I was a bit late.  I have a post on that someplace.

I planned to start earlier, have been dealing with some health problems.  Now that I'm on the mend, I'll head over to Angeles BI to submit my application as soon as I receive the NBI clearance.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Easier said than done, but i would say anyone who can process their 13a outside should because no need to convert after 1 year - permanent from day 1.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

Easier said than done, but i would say anyone who can process their 13a outside should because no need to convert after 1 year - permanent from day 1.

According to the Philippines embassy website that is no longer the case. Their website is down at the moment so I can't link to the relevant section but it seems to have changed.

• 2 weeks later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted

I have my Probationary ACR but it needs converting to a permanent one in two months, Anyone knows the requirements for the conversion?