Filipino Cigarettes

Howard
Posted
Posted

Any other smokers out there find that Filipino cigarettes are really horrible recently? I got here in 2013 and smoked Marlboro lights made here for the longest time, they were great up until like last year. When they started giving me chest pains. I switched to the Winston lights soft pack. These have the orange tax stamp and are made in Turkey. No more chest pains! Now they don't sell them anymore, the new ones have a green tax stamp and are made here. same issue as with the Marlboro's, chest pains. I now only smoke the Swiss Marlboro lights which are delicious but expensive at 250 P a pack. I really should just stop but it's a habit I've had since I was 15 years old and it's one of my only vices these days! I'm just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience? or can make a brand recommendation.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am not sure of a brand recommendation as I quit smoking decades ago.  What I will suggest is trying the local market for dried tobacco leaves and rolling your own.  I'm sure that's as cheap and fresh as it gets and you will know there is nothing in the cigarette except tobacco

.tobacco.jpg

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

My recommendation is quit as I did a couple of years back and started vaping :)  But prior to that I just kept it simple and went for the Winstons from the 711.  About 200PHP for a pack of 20's. 

PS Please don't start a discussion about the pros and cons of vaping anyone.  I'm not in the mood to justify my decision to people that live by the popular press. 

• Like 2

TimL
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well you know, vaping is.... :hystery:

I am a Newport smoker so pretty much anything there sucks to me. Marlboro Black menthol was about the only thing that I found that I could tolerate.  Even with those, I find myself chain smoking to try to get the impact of a Newport. 

Edited by TimL
Typo fix
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Most people I know are giving it up. Why would anyone want chest pains?  A friend installed an app which tells him how much he saves each day and many other factors so I think its good in the sense it must help motivate you. Anyway if smoking is your thing then fine but not near me. Burp :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Howard
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Most people I know are giving it up. Why would anyone want chest pains?  A friend installed an app which tells him how much he saves each day and many other factors so I think its good in the sense it must help motivate you. Anyway if smoking is your thing then fine but not near me. Burp :thumbsup:

That’s actually a pretty good idea. You don’t happen to know what that app is called do you? I might have to try it. Until then, I just got a carton of Swiss Marlboro at 2200 P not quite American prices, but damn close....ugh...Burp😜

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The mother in law is constantly in and out of hospital with COPD from smoking. The pollution and damp weather this time of year plays her up. Travelling has become difficult but I guess she thought it was a good idea at the time. My father gave up smoking 40 years ago but it has caught up with him in the end.

Rooster
Posted
Posted
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, Howard said:

Any other smokers out there find that Filipino cigarettes are really horrible recently? I got here in 2013 and smoked Marlboro lights made here for the longest time, they were great up until like last year. When they started giving me chest pains. I switched to the Winston lights soft pack. These have the orange tax stamp and are made in Turkey. No more chest pains! Now they don't sell them anymore, the new ones have a green tax stamp and are made here. same issue as with the Marlboro's, chest pains. I now only smoke the Swiss Marlboro lights which are delicious but expensive at 250 P a pack. I really should just stop but it's a habit I've had since I was 15 years old and it's one of my only vices these days! I'm just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience? or can make a brand recommendation.

I'm a NON-SMOKER.

I just competed entertaining a virtual chain smoking visitor from the states for the past 2 weeks. As a non smoker, I never paid attention to the anti smoking laws but being with this guy was a huge pain in the ass. He said packs of Marlboro in the states are now $10 

He did comment that he felt that Philippine Cigarettes made his lungs more congested than US Cigarettes and he coughed and hacked more while here. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Howard said:

That’s actually a pretty good idea. You don’t happen to know what that app is called do you?

I will find out :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Rooster said:

He said packs of Marlboro in the states are now $10 

Although I'm not a smoker I know that in Australia that price would have been about 20 years ago compared to now. 

• Like 1