The weather, shoul i be worried

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, bows00 said:

re-wear it at least one more time before it has to be laundered.  I'm lucky I don't have pungent body odor.

I worked with a French guy who would wear his shirts for 2 days.  He seemed to be the only one in the office who couldn't smell him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2018 at 5:02 AM, Snowy79 said:

I sweat like crazy some days sitting around but can walk in the heat of the sun quite easily. Not bad for someone who was blessed to be Scottish. :whistling:

scottish-kilt.jpeg

Hmm......no wonder you like to walk around the beach, proudly displaying your Scottish heritage. 

Oh by the way.......out of curiosity for myself and especially from Queenie, do you guys wear any underwear while wearing a kilt?  

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2018 at 3:41 AM, stevewool said:

Here in England its hot and sticky and no air and its bloody hot, and yes all i would like is a shower of rain to wash all the pollen and dust away so it may feel a little fresher .

So should i be worried if the Philippines is to become my future home, you hear people say its a different sort of heat when you are in different countries its not like England where we are not use to too much rain, too much heat and i may as well throw in "too many leaves on the train tracks", but that another subject.

So you expats who have come from these fair shores or places that dont get to much heat, is it something now you dont notice or its a case of you never get use to the weather.

Steve - I was always under the impression that you have been to the Philippines on multiple occasions. If so you ought to know how you tolerate the heat and humidity.

But certainly one strategy is to come here for a longer period of time than a vacation and see how you tolerate it.

Personally I lived in a climate (Northwest US) that was not too hot but I like the heat. That said I do have an air-conditioned house and car so I can pick and choose how hot I want to get.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jake said:

scottish-kilt.jpeg

Hmm......no wonder you like to walk around the beach, proudly displaying your Scottish heritage. 

Oh by the way.......out of curiosity for myself and especially from Queenie, do you guys wear any underwear while wearing a kilt?  

A McDonald wears two quarter pounders and a Big Mac. The rest let it hang freely. :1927_:

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, davewe said:

Steve - I was always under the impression that you have been to the Philippines on multiple occasions. If so you ought to know how you tolerate the heat and humidity.

But certainly one strategy is to come here for a longer period of time than a vacation and see how you tolerate it.

Personally I lived in a climate (Northwest US) that was not too hot but I like the heat. That said I do have an air-conditioned house and car so I can pick and choose how hot I want to get.

Its different when you are on holiday, you spend more and stay in nice places, plus being close to the beach there seems t be a breeze , but if you was not near a beach or your budget was not a holiday budget, there could be a difference.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Lots of good advice as normal, not sure about the kilt thing, what does the back look like .

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Lots of good advice as normal, not sure about the kilt thing, what does the back look like .

Probably nice and breezy?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

davewe
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Its different when you are on holiday, you spend more and stay in nice places, plus being close to the beach there seems t be a breeze , but if you was not near a beach or your budget was not a holiday budget, there could be a difference.

This is the best reason to come ,multiple times to multiple places. While all of the Philippines is hot it's not all the same. I live in Valencia near Dumaguete, yet the 1 or 2 degree difference makes it nice for us.

Ultimately no one can tell you what's too hot or just right for you; you have to know yourself well enough to know how you respond to the heat, humidity and equatorial sun.

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I find I can tolerate the heat of the day as long as I can be cool enough to sleep nights.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

When I go shopping with the helper I have them trailing me from a distance. I walk faster and I make my own breeze, but sometimes sweat profusely when I finally stop for any length of time when there is no breeze.