Traffic enforcer tickets ambulance patent dies

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Can't make this stuff up folks.....

Philstar July 9

MANILA, Philippines — A Manila Traffic and Parking Bureau (MTPB) enforcer died after his colleague reportedly stopped the ambulance that was carrying him to the hospital last Friday afternoon.

A video posted on Facebook on July 6 by Dan Russell Santos, which has gone viral, showed the driver of the ambulance explaining to traffic enforcer Raymond Bauron that he is bringing a sick man to the hospital.

In the same video, Santos’ cousin Gerome Tagle was seen telling Bauron that “every second is important to the patient.”

But Bauron seemed arrogant and even became angry at the driver.

The one who posted the video said the patient, identified only as Abad Santos, did not reach the Philippine General Hospital alive.

Bauron insisted that the ambulance driver should not be in a hurry and demanded his license.

The STAR tried to contact MTPB chief Dennis Alcoreza but failed.

MTPB official Mark Bien Urrietta agreed to be interviewed although he said he was not the proper authority.

He said they saw the video, adding that the MTPB human resources department has fired Bauron.
There is no second or third chance for traffic enforcers like him. They know from the start that ambulance, fire trucks and police cars should always run the streets uninterrupted,” he said.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/nation/2018/07/09/1831783/traffic-enforcer-dies-colleague-axed#M9Q6qRHuVeQf4AAK.99

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

That's almost Pythonesque... (A scene from a Monty Python movie or show).

• Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I can't help wondering if there was 'bad blood' between the sick MTPB enforcer in the ambulance and the one that issued the ticket and held up the ambulance...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I can't help wondering if there was 'bad blood' between the sick MTPB enforcer in the ambulance and the one that issued the ticket and held up the ambulance...

I see your point But how would he know who the patient was? :89:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I see your point But how would he know who the patient was? :89:

It could be a coincidence of course... it just seems to be an unlikely one (but stranger things have happened).

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Last week we went to Clark Airport to pickup the sister, had to use Edsa ! Saw Several Ambulances 

Not being allowed to pass ! It seems here nobody cares 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Not being allowed to pass ! It seems here nobody cares 

It may depend on where but I dont see it here in Cebu city as they give way. I watch many youtube videos of other areas including Manila for example fire trucks trying to negotiate traffic and all of them show that drivers are trying but at times it's difficult. 

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I was walking along Gen Payat Ave in Makati yesterday. When a ford f350 ambulance came along, siren blaring, lighys flashing. Traffic in both direction stopped and rhe ambulamce drove down the center of the ave and through the intersection. My thought at the time was " hope they are not only going for coffee". I have also saw an ambulance stuck in traffic on Edsa not going anywhere. Light snd siren on, 6 lanes of traffic on a 4 lane road. What i have observed, like said by a earlier poster on here, most drivers want to get out of the way.  Sometimes there is nowhere to go !!!!

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I would think that that would be a criminal offence, which would warrant more than just a firing!:angry:

• Like 3