Best small venues to get married - advice please

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Rooster said:

20K pesos for 25 relatives/guests in Manila? Extremely low, plus factor in others who will show up.

On that, you can guarantee, The Judge or whoever will expect to be invited to the feast and if there is to be any agents helpers they too will expect to be invited, Although over ten years ago I learned that the show you put on will be the effect you have on the family AND remember, You are marrying the family To the OP  4 Pigs were consumed by 120 guests although we actually only invited 30+ our simple Wedding cost in the end over 120.000 peso. 5.000 of that was flowers alone. To me a Wedding here is so very important that all, will want to attend

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Wedding us.jpg Just a Shot from 10 years ago. Those Flowers Wow! But they Luv em like we Love the lady & In my case that then, Young Sprog

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

To me a Wedding here is so very important that all, will want to attend

Excellent advice for anyone who plans on getting married here.  In the Philippines a wedding is a HUGE event for the family and friends.  If 100 are invited, expect to feed 150 - 200 as a minimum.  

One final bit of advice.  If you cater lechon baboy (roast pig), DO NOT have them cut it up first thinking it would speed up the line of people at the serving table.  Why you ask???  We did that and as we approached the table our friend looked at the pig with a puzzled look on his face.  He turned to me and said; "Your pig is too short.  They stole the middle of your pig and then pushed the ends together."  Only in da Philippines.  :hystery:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Foxwhelp said:

As for budget, we're really not sure, without making enquiries, how much we will need to spend on a wedding venue, including food, drink and decorations. But were hoping to limit it to around 20,000 PHP. That might be a ridiculous figure, but it would be useful to have some advice.

Why Manila because its really no different than traveling to Cebu for an example. You wont get all you want such as flowers food and venue for 20K . If you consider Cebu I can ask my friend who runs a wedding business the approximate cost for 25 people but as l asked in another post, how are your guest getting to the venue if they are in Mindanao? Who is paying for it and have you asked an of them if they could afford to travel and stay over night etc. 

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

As your budget is so low are you hoping to take your future wife back to the UK and are you aware of the financial requirements to do so?

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Can't see it happening for 20k. 100k will get you something decent for just 25 guests, probably do it for 50k at a push.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

To me a Wedding here is so very important that all, will want to attend

This is the issue. His Fiancee is in Mindanao and most of her family will be there so are they going to travel to Manila for this and does the family or invited guests have the funds to attend or is the OP paying this. Just to add, if he changes to Cebu the guest list raised by one as I will need to attend to check the temperature of the beer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Foxwhelp
Posted
Posted

To answer various people's questions (sorry for not mentioning personally), as far as I've read any insurance I get won't cover me for going anywhere in Mindanao (much as I would love to, of course), and after a 14 hour flight from UK I can't see anyone (especially my parents) wanting to get on another plane to another part of Philippines. We did consider having the wedding somewhere central, rather than Luzon or Mindanao, but then everyone would have to travel and, yes, we would likely be at least contributing to travel and accommodation costs, if not paying for everything. 

The reason I guessed at the budget was that I read a guide to weddings in the Philippines (apparently updated this year),which suggested that for 50 guests the budget would be about 22k for the reception. As we will be providing for other costs, including the above, and also with the expense of a UK Spouse visa, and a planned celebration in the UK later in the year, we were hoping to not spend too much on the reception in PH.

As for a more specific location, really the only preference would be no more than about 2 hours away from the airport but if there's somewhere easy to get to but a bit further that's not a big problem.

Cheers.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Foxwhelp said:

The reason I guessed at the budget was that I read a guide to weddings in the Philippines (apparently updated this year),which suggested that for 50 guests the budget would be about 22k for the reception. As we will be providing for other costs, including the above, and also with the expense of a UK Spouse visa, and a planned celebration in the UK later in the year, we were hoping to not spend too much on the reception in PH.

I got you a rough quote for 25 people but this is for Cebu. Around P80k

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Foxwhelp said:

I read a guide to weddings in the Philippines (apparently updated this year),which suggested that for 50 guests the budget would be about 22k for the reception.

Just to add. Is what you read a do it yourself wedding where the family is cooking a pig etc or is it saying for a catered wedding ?