Cebu: 5 Jeepney Passengers Robbed

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted
Five women lost their cash and valuables after robbed by two unidentified men inside a jeepney in Barangay Tejero, Cebu City past 8 p.m. last Friday. The victims, identified as Donna Abigail Alcomendras, 24, a resident of Lapu-Lapu City; Karen Joy Dumayac, 20, of Barangay Guadalupe, Cebu City; Judith Andoy, 33, of Mandaue City; Isabel Liao and Edzele Marie Andalahao, both 22, and residents of Urgello St., Cebu City reported the incident to the Theft and Robbery Section of the Cebu City Police Office. The victims lost a laptop worth P32,000, cellular phones, portable hard disk, ATM cards , other assorted cards, pieces of jewelry, other valuables and cash all amounting to over P3,000. Investigation showed that the victims were aboard a passenger jeepney with body marking 01K bound for Ugello when two men embarked near a cemetery fronting White Gold in Barangay Carreta. Upon reaching Benedicto St., one of the men standing at the step board of the vehicle who was described as wearing short pants and black sleeveless and about 20 years old, pulled out a revolver and declared a hold-up.His cohort, who was seated inside the vehicle, acted as back-up and divested the personal belongings of the victims. After the heist, the robbers alighted from the jeepney and fled towards the dark portion of the area leading to Villagonzalo 2 and disappeared.
Source: philstar

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Five women lost their cash and valuables after robbed by two unidentified men inside a jeepney in Barangay Tejero, Cebu City past 8 p.m. last Friday. The victims, identified as Donna Abigail Alcomendras, 24, a resident of Lapu-Lapu City; Karen Joy Dumayac, 20, of Barangay Guadalupe, Cebu City; Judith Andoy, 33, of Mandaue City; Isabel Liao and Edzele Marie Andalahao, both 22, and residents of Urgello St., Cebu City reported the incident to the Theft and Robbery Section of the Cebu City Police Office. The victims lost a laptop worth P32,000, cellular phones, portable hard disk, ATM cards , other assorted cards, pieces of jewelry, other valuables and cash all amounting to over P3,000. Investigation showed that the victims were aboard a passenger jeepney with body marking 01K bound for Ugello when two men embarked near a cemetery fronting White Gold in Barangay Carreta. Upon reaching Benedicto St., one of the men standing at the step board of the vehicle who was described as wearing short pants and black sleeveless and about 20 years old, pulled out a revolver and declared a hold-up.His cohort, who was seated inside the vehicle, acted as back-up and divested the personal belongings of the victims. After the heist, the robbers alighted from the jeepney and fled towards the dark portion of the area leading to Villagonzalo 2 and disappeared.
Source: philstar
Yup, jeepneys are not always safe either and my guess is that they might have had a spotter on the jeepney that saw valuable items such as the laptop and jewelry and text their robber friends and then acted as a victim inside the jeepney. Robbers are getting smarter all the time and we have to be just a little smarter than them, by not carrying or wearing anything worth a large amount of money and hoping we are not on a jeepney with someone who is, or just never taking jeepneys because they seem to be one of the main places that quick robbers seem to hit. But with that said, we have to also just live our lives and propery can always be replaced but our lives cannot, so just give it up because these guys always work in teams and I would bet the one who was the spotter on the jeepney (if I am correct) also had a gun or knife. Added, it is just a darn shame we have to live like that but if we do our share to help the Philippines to overcome poverty, then maybe things will get better in time.

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted

Yes, thats correct , Mr Lee. I `m sure the laptop caused the attention of the robbers. I

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Yes, thats correct , Mr Lee. I `m sure the laptop caused the attention of the robbers. I

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Then you just have to kill or hurt all of them. I'd do it for $10 if the opportunity presented itself. If they had the obvious advantage then I would give it up but if they made the mistake of turning their backs I would not hesitate.