Military Dependent Id Card

Jake
Posted
Posted
Me and my wife went up to Manila yesterday and she got her Military ID card. Some things to know before you go up there for this. When you make an apt, the lady will tell you that no documentation is needed, all you have to do is swear that she is your wife. This seem somewhat odd to me, so I took some documents along just in case. You should bring your marriage contract, which the clerk wanted, I also took along her birth certificate but it was not needed. If you have a child who is under 10 years old, all you need is her birth certificate and she can be entered into the DEERS, no ID card will be issued, not until she turns 10 years old. And my wife's ID card expires in 4 years, why I have no idea.. And bring at least 2 picture IDs of your wife: passport, voter ID, SSS card, driver license any two of these will do fine, the clerk will need them. And you will also have to leave a ID with the guard one for each of you, so you each can get a pass to enter the Embassy and if you have cell phones you will also need a ID, just one, either yours or wife's to leave with your cell phones since they cannot be brought on the grounds of the Embassy. So to play it safe bring all picture IDs you have when you visit the US Embassy.I'm will also be posting a thread abut taxis from the airport to the Embassy, should read that also before you go.
Hey Doc,Excellent field report! You took the initiative and went with your gut instincts regarding thesupposedly "no documents needed". Looks like they enhanced the security measures likesurrendering your ID's for check in and another ID for securing your cell phones. I lookforward in reading your follow up on taxi to the US Embassy.Well done my friend -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Marko,It is all good information knowing about the ins and outs prior to going to the Manila U.S.Embassy! I truly dread that place and try to avoid going there unless we have to! Fortunately, we take our vacations often enough in California to take care of those type of things done in the Philippines U.S. Embassy in Manila. The last time we were in the U.S. Embassy was 2 years ago via rented vehicle with driver with a 3 hour drive in traffic at a distance of only 30 miles one way from our home, when I received a letter stating that I had to verify in person that I was still alive and receiving my Civil Service Pension and they even threaten me in the letter, that if I didn't show myself in person showing them that I'm still alive that they will suspended my Civil Service pension direct deposit until I do! We got there in time, waited 30 minutes until we were called into the office since I had an appointment letter and the interview only took 5 minutes! What a waste of my time and money for just for a 5 minute interview to prove that I'm not dead yet!!!! That's also what the U.S. Government does to Social Security pensioners living in the Philippines. I saw a lot of old, sick and disabled senior citizens who traveled miles away, waiting in long lines all afternoon just to verify that they were still alive and kicking in order to continue receiving their Social Security Pensions! What a sad sight to see! Oh well, that's the price we all pay for residing in a corrupted 3rd world country!

United Army
Posted
Posted
Me and my wife went up to Manila yesterday and she got her Military ID card. Some things to know before you go up there for this. When you make an apt, the lady will tell you that no documentation is needed, all you have to do is swear that she is your wife. This seem somewhat odd to me, so I took some documents along just in case. You should bring your marriage contract, which the clerk wanted, I also took along her birth certificate but it was not needed. If you have a child who is under 10 years old, all you need is her birth certificate and she can be entered into the DEERS, no ID card will be issued, not until she turns 10 years old. And my wife's ID card expires in 4 years, why I have no idea.. And bring at least 2 picture IDs of your wife: passport, voter ID, SSS card, driver license any two of these will do fine, the clerk will need them. And you will also have to leave a ID with the guard one for each of you, so you each can get a pass to enter the Embassy and if you have cell phones you will also need a ID, just one, either yours or wife's to leave with your cell phones since they cannot be brought on the grounds of the Embassy. So to play it safe bring all picture IDs you have when you visit the US Embassy.I'm will also be posting a thread abut taxis from the airport to the Embassy, should read that also before you go.
Hey Doc,Excellent field report! You took the initiative and went with your gut instincts regarding thesupposedly "no documents needed". Looks like they enhanced the security measures likesurrendering your ID's for check in and another ID for securing your cell phones. I lookforward in reading your follow up on taxi to the US Embassy.Well done my friend -- Jake
Yes, Jake...being in the service for 26 years you always need documents to get stuff done....that just did not feel right to me, what that lady said that I had to swear that she was my wife..The person that was doing the ID cards went back to the states, he was a E-7 his tour was up and now a E-8 is coming soon to take his place.

United Army
Posted
Posted
Marko,It is all good information knowing about the ins and outs prior to going to the Manila U.S.Embassy! I truly dread that place and try to avoid going there unless we have to! Fortunately, we take our vacations often enough in California to take care of those type of things done in the Philippines U.S. Embassy in Manila. The last time we were in the U.S. Embassy was 2 years ago via rented vehicle with driver with a 3 hour drive in traffic at a distance of only 30 miles one way from our home, when I received a letter stating that I had to verify in person that I was still alive and receiving my Civil Service Pension and they even threaten me in the letter, that if I didn't show myself in person showing them that I'm still alive that they will suspended my Civil Service pension direct deposit until I do! We got there in time, waited 30 minutes until we were called into the office since I had an appointment letter and the interview only took 5 minutes! What a waste of my time and money for just for a 5 minute interview to prove that I'm not dead yet!!!! That's also what the U.S. Government does to Social Security pensioners living in the Philippines. I saw a lot of old, sick and disabled senior citizens who traveled miles away, waiting in long lines all afternoon just to verify that they were still alive and kicking in order to continue receiving their Social Security Pensions! What a sad sight to see! Oh well, that's the price we all pay for residing in a corrupted 3rd world country!
Yes that is sad, but I guess if they did not do this then when a person dies, his wife could collect the SS money and no one would know and the same for any direct deposit going into the RP.