What Have You Learned About The Philippines

lobo
Posted
Posted
what i have learned recently..http://www.theamateursdigest.com/epoisons.htma very popular plant that i have many of and no doubt you have also or have seen... the euphrobia plant.. google has a lot of info on this including filipins euphrobia .. with over 2000 varieties i thought it was worth mentioning.. im an avid gardener and didnt know that the plants i was being stuck by were so deadly.. sorry if that disappoints anyone..:)also for anyone who has a poison ivy allergy or other plant allergies, the indian mangoes sap is very toxic and the blisters from it are worse than poison ivy.. anyone who has had an outbreak of itching followed by these blisters knows the extreme discomfort it causes and once it is on you it seems to be also in you, since it spreads.. the cure i found from an old wise doctor is steroidal.. betamethisone tablets combined with betamethisone ointment plus cefalexin will bring it under control in about 3 days and it is gone in about a week..the first doctor i saw told me to see a dermo and didnt even bother to look at it, so this will save you a trip to the dermo and also maybe help you educate an otherwise dis-interested doctor .. you will be scarred where you have scratched it and the sore from the scratch will be about a month healing.. it is that toxic to those who are allergic..it is of course aggravated by the constant heat and humidity and can likely come back even if you have no further contact with the mangoes..
Hello LoBo,Thanks for the education of euphrobia plants in the Philippines. In spite of its toxiclatex substance, there seems to be an export market of these ornamental plants.I wish I could start a garden someday but would probably get arrested for my plantselection he, he.Respectfully -- Jake
yes jake i was surprised by the large market i found for these plants also.. sans any warnings at all... my wife said it is simple.. tell people they are poisonous and you dont sell any.. like anything else , once a few people are killed by them then people will take notice in the western market..regarding your desire to grow a "garden" , it is just my own opinion based on my location that a few plants would be ok.. the surroundings and conditions and other variables are all to be considered... my rooster loves scrambled eggs and fried chicken... :thumbs-up-smile:

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)
The charm? Here is a quick story...quick cause it's 5 AM and my dog wants to walk. My next door neighbor to the left is a "rich" filipino. She has two helpers and it's just her (i assume her man is a OFW). The new SUV plus scrum van, the two poodle type dogs the helpers groom, perfect house...she NEVER socializes with anybody in the hood. Even I make an attempt to socialize. Anyway, this older bitch has nothing better to do then tell her helpers to tell my helper the "things" we are doing that she does not like. She can't even approach me herself...nope, too good for that. Guess what her last complaint was? My dog pees on the DIRT road in front of the house when I take him for his walk...normal as he holds it in all night, yet...her car tires get the pee on them and it smells. She asked that we "let" the dog pee elsewhere...hahaha! HER CAR TIRES...in the land of filth and stray dogs, she is complaining my dog does the right thing and pees on the dirt....and she drives on it.Charming.
Wait a minute Inspector! Your above statement describing the rich Filipina next door made myheart jump. If she looks like one of her Aristocratic poodles, then it's gotta be my ex wife. Inthat case -- for a bottle of Tantuay, I would gadly pinch a loaf on her shoes! Avoid her, she isground zero.Relieved at last -- Jake
:lol:What I have learned from this situation is.... assholes are in every country. However, I have NEVER heard a complaint of a dog pissing in the same road where all the strays and pinoys pee. :thumbs-up-smile: Edited by Boss Man
quotes

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
The charm? Here is a quick story...quick cause it's 5 AM and my dog wants to walk. My next door neighbor to the left is a "rich" filipino. She has two helpers and it's just her (i assume her man is a OFW). The new SUV plus scrum van, the two poodle type dogs the helpers groom, perfect house...she NEVER socializes with anybody in the hood. Even I make an attempt to socialize. Anyway, this older bitch has nothing better to do then tell her helpers to tell my helper the "things" we are doing that she does not like. She can't even approach me herself...nope, too good for that. Guess what her last complaint was? My dog pees on the DIRT road in front of the house when I take him for his walk...normal as he holds it in all night, yet...her car tires get the pee on them and it smells. She asked that we "let" the dog pee elsewhere...hahaha! HER CAR TIRES...in the land of filth and stray dogs, she is complaining my dog does the right thing and pees on the dirt....and she drives on it.Charming.
Wait a minute Inspector! Your above statement describing the rich Filipina next door made myheart jump. If she looks like one of her Aristocratic poodles, then it's gotta be my ex wife. Inthat case -- for a bottle of Tantuay, I would gadly pinch a loaf on her shoes! Avoid her, she isground zero.Relieved at last -- Jake
:lol:What I have learned from this situation is.... assholes are in every country. However, I have NEVER heard a complaint of a dog pissing in the same road where all the strays and pinoys pee. :thumbs-up-smile:
Perhaps she fancies you and is SHY so uses Subterfuge, the helpers, to attract your attention!!! SugarwareZ-007.gif He HE HAUK Tom Edited by Boss Man
quotes

lobo
Posted
Posted (edited)
:lol:What I have learned from this situation is.... assholes are in every country. However, I have NEVER heard a complaint of a dog pissing in the same road where all the strays and pinoys pee. :thumbs-up-smile:
Perhaps she fancies you and is SHY so uses Subterfuge, the helpers, to attract your attention!!! SugarwareZ-007.gif He HE HAUK Tom
what i have learned is that i think uk tom is right.. !! there is a lot of pent up frustration in the neighbors house . else any sane person would not make such a complaint..IMOHO... perhaps just send the servant back with your own invitation and remember to be kind and courteous and respectful of her situation.. despite all of her advantages she is defintely missing something in her diet IMOHO... since that is what i have learned..gods speed... Edited by Boss Man
fixed quotes,sort of

UZI
Posted
Posted
WTF is this all about lately? "The Malcontent Foreigner Section"? Why does everything have to be analyzed, diced and sliced to described everything what's bad about the Philippines that a visitor has to accept or tolerate? It's just a plain and simple rule while living in any country weather you like or not, "different strokes for different folks", "life in the Philippines is what you make it to be" and "if you don't like it here, well, you can just leave anytime"!SugarwareZ-004.gif
Pinoy Art,Wouldn't it be nice if you could contribute something helpful or constructive other than
"The Malcontent Foreigner Section"? Why does everything have to be analyzed, diced and sliced to described everything what's bad about the Philippines that a visitor has to accept or tolerate?
- (because that is part of what a forum is for :cheers: and at least half the posts are positive too) & also your oft repeated
"different strokes for different folks",
:DIf you don't like a thread take your own advise and
"if you don't like it here, well, you can just leave anytime"!
There are many other threads & forums. On this we are discussing the TOPIC - "What have you learned about the Philippines;So....as a PhilAm.......why not share what you have learned while living here, which I guess from your reply would be LOTS of GOOD things.SugarwareZ-004.gifUzi, currently in sunny, friendly CEBU 36_1_68[1].gif

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
WTF is this all about lately? "The Malcontent Foreigner Section"? Why does everything have to be analyzed, diced and sliced to described everything what's bad about the Philippines that a visitor has to accept or tolerate? It's just a plain and simple rule while living in any country weather you like or not, "different strokes for different folks", "life in the Philippines is what you make it to be" and "if you don't like it here, well, you can just leave anytime"!SugarwareZ-004.gif
Pinoy Art,Wouldn't it be nice if you could contribute something helpful or constructive other than
"The Malcontent Foreigner Section"? Why does everything have to be analyzed, diced and sliced to described everything what's bad about the Philippines that a visitor has to accept or tolerate?
- (because that is part of what a forum is for :as-if: and at least half the posts are positive too) & also your oft repeated
"different strokes for different folks",
:cheers:If you don't like a thread take your own advise and
"if you don't like it here, well, you can just leave anytime"!
There are many other threads & forums. On this we are discussing the TOPIC - "What have you learned about the Philippines;So....as a PhilAm.......why not share what you have learned while living here, which I guess from your reply would be LOTS of GOOD things.:SugarwareZ-004:Uzi, currently in sunny, friendly CEBU 36_1_68[1].gif
Uzi,I have learned in the Phillipines -- one finds prats -- just like everywhere else!!!:D "Keep YOUR Pecker UP".??? Old Chap!"Go on Luv - Gisa Peck"! -- does not "travel" stateside -IMO"They don't like it up em - Cpt. Mannering".UK Tomps. Diced & sliced & reduced -- the "Phrase Finder" interpretation might go -- Brit Mouths -- American Pri's ??? (privates) Oh No! "friendly fire" ONLY allowed!!! SugarwareZ-007.gifSugarwareZ-011.gif

post-688-1275552838198_thumb.jpg

Edited by Singers

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

U.K. Tom, Since you're making it personal now, you too should keep your pecker up and you might learn something from your own remarks! I usually repeat my mottos so that it may sink in to those who can't comprehend the meaning! So don't use the same mottos against me, because I know what it means! Do you?I don't need to contribute to this topic any further, because you seem to have a handle on it and have enough good and bad descriptions all about the Philippines to last you a lifetime, or not! More power to you! :D

Edited by Pinoy Art

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I have learned that if you get sick here, and have no money....you die. Keep plopping out the kids...it's what Jesus wanted. :D

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
U.K. Tom, Since you're making it personal now, you too should keep your pecker up and you might learn something from your own remarks! I usually repeat my mottos so that it may sink in to those who can't comprehend the meaning! So don't use the same mottos against me, because I know what it means! Do you?I don't need to contribute to this topic any further, because you seem to have a handle on it and have enough good and bad descriptions all about the Philippines to last you a lifetime, or not! More power to you! :horse:
:D :cheers: :as-if: UK Tom 2245_safe.gif Edited by Singers

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
I have learned that if you get sick here, and have no money....you die. Keep plopping out the kids...it's what Jesus wanted. :cheers:
I recently learned on UK TV -documentary about Philippines- of a Philippines RC Priest CUTTING up Condoms on the Church Alter.I would have preferred not to learn of such utter "mind bending" stupidity from a "community leader"???. What hope??UK Tom :D Edited by Singers