Monthly Expenses

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Actually I kind of like it done over the year....
Sir Bob ...... your wish is my command ...... . this is for 2 people and I am on a 13a visa ..... by the way this is pretty damn accurate as I do all my expenditures weekly from actual numbers ...... no guessing ..... all receipts slips are entered in as they appear on the slip ...... enjoy ...Total...........701,800.66 a year in pesos!divided by P43 = $16,320 divided by 12 = U$D 1,360 a month
I had to get the calculator out to figure what it was a month in dollars! Approx: $1,360 (P43 peso rate)! Not bad Mike considering those large numbers! You see why I prefer it listed on a monthly basis? Those big numbers looks intimidating!I always convert pesos into dollars because my pension is in dollars and I like to see what my monthly budget is in dollars! I don't always think in pesos! Well, each to their own money management!
True Art .... but when doing it by the month some things will change like one time expenses or maybe you have an eating binge this month but not next ..... also some of the computer expenses where actually months apart as were the tools ..... but yea ..... I guess you could just average them ...... without a 13a I can see where the cost on visas would very greatly month to month ..... if someone would like to just divide each category by 12 then they can find the average cost per month ...... however I use AceMoney and it just keeps a running total or I can break it down by month .... quarterly ..... semi-annually etc ...... but it doesn't do a average cost for the year ......
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

That's why we keep a piggy bank under our bed for those other unexpected expenses so that it's easier to manage our monthly budget on a regular steady basis even with those unexpected eating binges or whatever! I too like to eat and have those unexpected binges often! Time to break the piggy bank! :hystery:

• Like 2

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys. I too live a fairly simple but very enjoyable life. Even here in the great U.S.A. For pleasure I eat out a lot at decent places. Entertain a bit. Do book stores, Movies, fancy coffees , german ales, french wines and blow about $ 400 USD in auto gas monthly. Mostly traversing to get to the places that are happening. Plus, I am involved with a couple of charities in town. It adds up here in the states. Besides, I hate being idol. I don't do " bars & clubs " Violates my 3 S rule ( Stupid places, stupid people that do stupid things ) LOLWell I have not since I went to the NCO club on base many years ago but you are with your own there ...so to speak. ; )The PI might be different in what is classified as " Bars ". Most of the videos I saw was more like a family Bar-B-que. No bad guys or trouble makers on the you -tube. ( I had to deal with meths and drunks from time to time. I hated that aspect of the job )You guys are right. I really will not truly know till I get my " Boots on the ground". Forgive me if I come across a bit " carried AWAY " when I read stuff like this Mr. Bundy : )I'm getting things in order ASAP. The plan IS coming together. Thanks in part to you guys.BTW, How much of a " Buffer " do you believe one should plan for till they get things settled ? Money wise I mean. I know I'll probable be taken advantage of on everything from food, rent and transport till I learn the rhythm of things.Thanks

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

HAHAHA! I"m surprised that nobody noticed my math error when I worked it out... I had the yearly $ right but somehow I had $700 and change a month... corrected my entry above to show the $1367 a month. Never would have noticed it if Art hadn't done his too!

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Guys ........ I am so sorry I did a really stupid thing in my budget ..... the first 2 items should not be there as they are as they say account balances ..... where I balanced my account each month and are not a part of my expenditures ...... I found this out when Art pointed out that my budget averaged out to $1360 dollars per month ..... THANKS ART ......... I wish I could amend my post above but unfortunately I can not ....... so I will try and do it here ........... Bills:Bottled Water.................................2,440.00Bills:Cellular...........................................4,455.00Bills:DSL & Phone...............................14,282.00Bills:Electricity.....................................23,350.33Bills:Gasul.............................................3,246.00Bills:Rent............................................126,915.32Clothing:Accesories...............................8,869.79Clothing:Clothes....................................9,646.20Computer:Hardware.............................39,841.46Computer:Misc......................................4,388.58Entertainment:Books................................810.00Entertainment:Misc................................2,344.00Food.......................................................1,603.25Food:Eating Out...................................51,012.45Food:Groceries...................................130,489.06Food:Market.........................................14,585.55Goverment:Paper work............................890.00Goverment:Related costs.........................936.00Goverment:SSS......................................2,808.00Goverment:Visa costs...............................860.00Healthcare:Insurance..............................1,300.00Healthcare:Prescriptions...........................195.00Healthcare:Supplements.........................9,558.58Household.................................................728.00Household:Furnishings...........................6,984.00Household:Hardware..............................9,762.72Household:Kitchen...............................1,055.00Household:Tools.................................31,644.09Miscellaneous.......................................2,226.50Miscellaneous:Gifts................................700.00Miscellaneous:Shipping.........................449.00Miscellaneous:Supplies.......................17,757.02Personal:Other.....................................19,598.95Support.................................................22,495.20Transportation:Airlines.........................5,574.00Transportation:Taxi.............................22,194.64Total.................................................547,581.74547,581.74p divided by 12 = 45631p per month or 45631p divided 43p = $1061.20 per month USBut as Bundy so aptly point out ........ "Don't get too carried away. Mike lives a simple but enjoyable life (to him). Now, if you happen to drink and smoke, like going to the clubs and travelling new places every week you can expect the costs to skyrocket.As he pointed out previously, these are HIS costs and can't be applied to just anyone"

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I wish I could amend my post above but unfortunately I can not ....... so I will try and do it here ...........
As your new info illustrates that you made a mistake previously, I went back and changed the old info. If it is not satisfactory then pm me what changes are required.
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I'm no whiz at math, but plain simple grade school arithmetic will do it for me! Please, no fractions! I'm dumber than dirt when it comes to fractions! It's bad enough when it comes to feet or miles into meters! :hystery:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Not sure but the rate was updated yesterday from the Bank of America AND both Canadian and American $ were at par - so probably within pennies. Sorry to you Australians out there... Got no idea!
AUpost-1-0-77029700-1327812530_thumb.gifhttp://www.xe.com/ucc/

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I wish I could amend my post above but unfortunately I can not ....... so I will try and do it here ...........
As your new info illustrates that you made a mistake previously, I went back and changed the old info. If it is not satisfactory then pm me what changes are required.
Ya done good grasshopper ....... thanks a bunch :hystery: ...... one thing I hate is giving out bad info ....... but that's what I get for making this board my first postings of the day ...... I ain't awake yet ....... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ........ used to use the other boards first and then come here ...... :hystery:
  • Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted
HAHAHA! I"m surprised that nobody noticed my math error when I worked it out... I had the yearly $ right but somehow I had $700 and change a month... corrected my entry above to show the $1367 a month. Never would have noticed it if Art hadn't done his too!
I did, but i'm too nice a bloke to say anything about it :hystery: :mocking:Anyway you can adjust it down a bit now coz Mike made a small error too!
  • Like 1