2011 Forum Get Together

adventureguy
Posted
Posted
We echo Lee's comment about wherever, whenever, we'll be there!For something different - The Wine Shop near Ayala? Spanish food and Latin music?
Hi Paul, is that the Wine Shop near Golden Peak hotel or did they put another one near Ayala? Also please say hello to Elsa for us and we are looking forward to seeing you both again. :541:
That's the one Lee, I just couldn't remember the name of the street. or another place just up the road, Handuraw Pizza?When will you be back mate? We both miss you - and you Tom of course!
The wine shop might be a good venue but the last time we were there the smoking in the place made it hard on those of us who do not smoke, but the majority will rule as to where the get together will be, as it seems most there seem to smoke so I am in the minority. As for when we will be back, my wife and I should be there the second week of Feb and stay until late May or possibly sometime in June, I will have to work out the exact dates early next month and then buy our tickets, so we look forward to getting together with Paul and Elsa and many of our members, even if not at get togethers and just for social meals or whatever and even in our condo or their homes. We enjoy meeting people and look forward to adding many of the members to our social circle of friends. :541:
I would also like to be there. A smoke-free/smoke-friendly environment would definitely be a plus for me. Many tend to drink and also tend to smoke more when they drink at these gatherings. I don't smoke and would be more inclined to leave if it got too bad, so maybe an outdoor environment will suit everyone well.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I like the El Salvador in Danao. The problem is that it is in Danao but what it has is adult and child pools, lovely garden area, reasonable cost restaurant, and a small beach area. If there was something with all this closer to the city it would be great.If I remember correctly the entrance fee for El Salvador was 150 last time I went.

Talisay
Posted
Posted

I would like to make it to this one.Since arriving in Cebu in July, apart from speaking briefly to Paul at BOI and a short conversation with a Belgian guy at a family planning seminar,I've had zero expat company.Anywhere Cebu City with reasonable food and drink would suit me.Would prefer no smoke but anywhere will do at a push!

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Marie and I will arrive on March 16th, so will try our best to be there, just let us know when and where.

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Bugger sounds like another great get together I will miss My wife and I fly back to Aussie land on the 9th March so will miss the partyI will have to plan for 2012 to meet with other members:SugarwareZ-034:Braddo

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Time to bump this up again and say that my wife and I will be in the Philippines Feb to late May so we will be at both get togethers and would also be willing to meet up with members who will be in Cebu other times during our stay. We also plan on being in CDO sometime in late April if anyone there would like to meet up for a meal and we hope to maybe also get down to Davao as well during that trip. Hope to meet up with some of you. :)

Britster
Posted
Posted

My son Paul (29) is paying his 2nd visit some 5 years from his last, towards the end of February but only for 3 weeks. He can only manage a maxiumum of 3 weeks off work, so depending on his Flight Bookings, but needs to arrive in Cebu on 2nd March or before as we have already paid for the 3 of us to Join in the Phil Hash Bash 2011 in Bohol on 3/4/5th March.Would be good if he was able to come along to this forums "2011 Philippines Expat Forum Official Get Together"CheersDavid & Sha-Sha (and Paul?)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
My son Paul (29) is paying his 2nd visit some 5 years from his last, towards the end of February but only for 3 weeks. He can only manage a maxiumum of 3 weeks off work, so depending on his Flight Bookings, but needs to arrive in Cebu on 2nd March or before as we have already paid for the 3 of us to Join in the Phil Hash Bash 2011 in Bohol on 3/4/5th March.Would be good if he was able to come along to this forums "2011 Philippines Expat Forum Official Get Together"CheersDavid & Sha-Sha (and Paul?)
Welcome to the forum David! :541: We will have to see if we can arrange to have one of the get togethers during the time your son is in Cebu. It will be good to meet you all at last. cheersty.gif

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello David,In my opinion, this forum is the best in town. We have a great bunch of guys and girls for you and your family to meet up this coming March. Boss Man (Tom), the owner of this forum will also be at that blow out in Cebu.You know, the last time I ran a Hash House was in Bahrain with a group of US military guys and airline stewardesses.The markers were not that apparent so I promptly got lost. I followed this large group, only to find that they were lostalso. In the end we ended up in someone's apartment and proceeded to get drunk with the ladies. I didn't realize thatthis was a non competitive sport and geared mostly to socializing and meeting new people. Had a great time! Wouldbe interesting if you could tell us a little bit more of that run in Bohol, as well as your other adventures in the Philippines.Welcome aboard sir -- Jake

• 4 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

The time is getting closer, so I will bump this up again to remind members of the get together. Hope to meet some of you there. Tom will pick the place once he gets to Cebu, possibly one of the same places as last year.