How To Meet A Good Foreigner

Thomas
Posted
Posted

This topic is of great interest to me.  Being born in the PI and raised there until I was 12, allowed to run with a gang of kids my age, I had no idea I was 1)  "white" or 2) a "foreigner".  Of course I was white but I was not a foreigner.  However, being born and raised in the PI has left a legacy.

My amah, a most wonderful woman who may have saved my misbehaving life, did teach me many aspects about being female.  My mom was really busy playing bridge at the ArmyNavy Club in Manila at this point, so my Amah, Josephina, "mom-ed' me. I am so grateful. She taught me how to walk, how to listen, how to hear, how be in the present. She was Buddhist and formed me as from raw clay. She taught me tolerance (I think the gang of kids of all races did that, too) and she taught me to appreciate each and every day. 

Over the whole of my life I have been "different".  Now finding an equally different love is proving to be difficult because of my compliant attitude. Compliant doesn't mean subservient and that is what many men marrying Asians want. Compliant means listening, hearing and making the necessary adjustments to 'make it work'.  It may mean disagreeing.  That would be normal in the course of human events. 

So, I am grateful for my being a "white" Filipina.  It has enabled me to be a conflict mediator, to do really fine nursing of very damaged people, adults and children, to be a wonderful veterinarian (so I was told) and a poet.   

I hope there are many men who adore their Filipina wives.  Foreigners just need to be educated by men like you who post, 

A very good post. Write more so we can start giving you "Likes"  :)  (from the 5th)

It would be good if this forum get more female posts.

(I try to make my probably future wife to tell her oppinion more, although she tell it more than average Filipina anyway. If agreeing about the main things, then can all other things be solved - so, before decide if we suit to marry, I go on checking her oppinion about main things   :lol:

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

This topic is of great interest to me.  Being born in the PI and raised there until I was 12, allowed to run with a gang of kids my age, I had no idea I was 1)  "white" or 2) a "foreigner".  Of course I was white but I was not a foreigner.  However, being born and raised in the PI has left a legacy.

My amah, a most wonderful woman who may have saved my misbehaving life, did teach me many aspects about being female.  My mom was really busy playing bridge at the ArmyNavy Club in Manila at this point, so my Amah, Josephina, "mom-ed' me. I am so grateful. She taught me how to walk, how to listen, how to hear, how be in the present. She was Buddhist and formed me as from raw clay. She taught me tolerance (I think the gang of kids of all races did that, too) and she taught me to appreciate each and every day. 

Over the whole of my life I have been "different".  Now finding an equally different love is proving to be difficult because of my compliant attitude. Compliant doesn't mean subservient and that is what many men marrying Asians want. Compliant means listening, hearing and making the necessary adjustments to 'make it work'.  It may mean disagreeing.  That would be normal in the course of human events. 

So, I am grateful for my being a "white" Filipina.  It has enabled me to be a conflict mediator, to do really fine nursing of very damaged people, adults and children, to be a wonderful veterinarian (so I was told) and a poet.   

I hope there are many men who adore their Filipina wives.  Foreigners just need to be educated by men like you who post, 

Gwenie, I agree with Robert, great post. It is so refreshing hearing a point of view from the Filipina side. Something that at times is very lacking in all forums I believe, (although I do not have much experience of other forums), I do believe it is one of the aspects of this forum that makes it unique. 

We have Filipina as members who are not afraid and in deed are encouraged to post their thoughts and views.

Thanks for sharing.

It is one of the reasons, I decided that I wanted our little girl to grow up here in the Philippines. Later in life, if she decides to move to Canada or the UK, that is her choice, but I believe she will gain more and loose less by spending her important growing years here.

Papa Carl

slim55
Posted
Posted

So how does a lady know the man is any good? I have met many foreign men here since marrying my husband and I can honestly warn ladies wishing to marry foreigners, that few would make good husbands.

It depends on what your definition of a "good husband" is, it varies greatly among women. You have to know exactly what you want and communicate that to the guy. An honest guy will walk away if he is not what you're looking for.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

So how does a lady know the man is any good? I have met many foreign men here since marrying my husband and I can honestly warn ladies wishing to marry foreigners, that few would make good husbands.

It depends on what your definition of a "good husband" is, it varies greatly among women. You have to know exactly what you want and communicate that to the guy. An honest guy will walk away if he is not what you're looking for.

But it isn't the honest, but the scammers you want to sort away   :lol:   so I say kind of opposite. 

=Ask a bit "sneaky" questions among common ones, not leading questions to get to know what THEIR oppinion, and not what they figuere out YOU want. And ask similar questions some other days, to check if you get similar answers, liers often mess up with what they have answered earlier, giving answers not suiting to what they have answered before.