Cebu Motorcycle Riders

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi! Having been an avid off road rider for years and enjoyed the last 6 years here off roading in the Philippines, it has finally taken its toll and so its time, not to stop riding but to join other groups and turn my riding days to the tarmac or at least more sensible dirt roads and tarmac. No more crazy mountain tracks even though my mind still likes it.So too this end how many riders are out there and where and when are there any rides/meetings

• 2 months later...
Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

I guess this is not for the faint hearted! So many views yet no replies! Maybe I will try again when the sun comes out, some fair weather riders have to be here some where ;-)Had a great ride last week! Cebu, bodo's bamboo for lunch, santander for Tuba, then up to Moalboal for the night (Quo Vadis) party and great food at Lantaw ( above neptune diving ) then late afternoon ride back to Cebu with a stop for ice cream at the Milk stop near Barili.

Edited by Geoff Thomas

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello Geoff, The link below is from Britster's post a couple weeks ago. Nice HD video capturedby a helmet cam. Have a good one -- Jake http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?showtopic=9642&st=0&p=45919entry45919

• 5 months later...
Britster
Posted
Posted
Hi! Having been an avid off road rider for years and enjoyed the last 6 years here off roading in the Philippines, it has finally taken its toll and so its time, not to stop riding but to join other groups and turn my riding days to the tarmac or at least more sensible dirt roads and tarmac. No more crazy mountain tracks even though my mind still likes it.So too this end how many riders are out there and where and when are there any rides/meetings
Geoff,I ama Granddad (Lolo) to my Granddaughter, Anzhelica Kate, who will be 2 years old, 1 months before my Birthday. on 19th April. I intend to stay her Lolo, for many years to come.We do not go on very 'Technical' Off Road Rides like some Motorcycle Groups.We have had some pinnoy Riders join in our Green Trail Rides becuse they were getting injured and their motorcles damaged on these Technical Off Roading.Sure there have been a few spills occasionally (slippery track conditions mainly), but no injuries and very little damage to the motorcycles either (cracked Indicator Lens etc)If it stars looking bad, we turn around and go somewhere else.We have Video of all the Green Trail Rides we have ridden from GTR#7 onwards on the Wiki Blog, so you can see the Good, the Bad and the Ugly!Some Rides (Like GTR#1 have been suitable for any Bike (even a Trike - converted Multicab).Matt tackles these Green Trail Rides with his XRM125.Dennis rides his TMX155Some rides are OK for your wife/Girlfriend to come along as your Back Rider.Others with more rough Off-Road content, perhaps better off not doing so unless it has been ridden before and determined suitable for Back Riders.Because I have been working Since just after Christmas, no Rides being organised currently but that likely to change from next weekend.