2 Foreigners Killed

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

On radio this week......2 seperate days...2 foreigners held up and killed.One Korean in Lapu Lapu...shot and dumped in river.A Turk shot in Talisay City after hold up.Are we safe....people just going about their day and getting killed by people they probably don't know.Makes you wonder how dangerous it is to say anything to some people who may interpret it as 'intentionally pissing me off ' .Unstable mindset of some could lead to a sticky end for others. Scarey.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
On radio this week......2 seperate days...2 foreigners held up and killed.One Korean in Lapu Lapu...shot and dumped in river.A Turk shot in Talisay City after hold up.Are we safe....people just going about their day and getting killed by people they probably don't know.Makes you wonder how dangerous it is to say anything to some people who may interpret it as 'intentionally pissing me off ' .Unstable mindset of some could lead to a sticky end for others. Scarey.
Most of those foreigners killed in the Philippines are usually do to extenuating circumstances, such as they are in business and piss of the local competition, or they flash a lot of cash, or live way above the average Filipino, or they have an attitude and treat locals poorly, or they piss off their wife or a neighbor, etc, etc, so yes it can be dangerous in the Philippines if we do not keep a low profile and do not do our best to be average, yet way more foreigners live in, or visit the Philippines and never have a moments problems, because they keep themselves more or less invisible and stay out of places they should not be, so therefore just blend in and not stand out for any other reason other than they look different. Myself being a prime example, 17 years and not one real problem (knock on wood), and we go into many places that round eyes should never be if we wish to stay out of harms way. I would not worry about it beyond using normal due caution in our daily life, and that would also apply while in most other countries as well, but maybe more so in a country where we are considered to be very rich just because of where we came from.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Makes you wonder who did it? mocking.gifpost-1-0-69607500-1306552925_thumb.gif

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

The way you see a lot of foreigners mis treating Filipinos. The only surprise to me is that there are not many more foreigner deaths.My personal philosophyTreat all Filipinos with respect all of the time. Regardless of your personal thoughts on any given situation, just grin and bear it.Regards; Jim

Bundy
Posted
Posted
The way you see a lot of foreigners mis treating Filipinos. The only surprise to me is that there are not many more foreigner deaths.My personal philosophyTreat all Filipinos with respect all of the time. Regardless of your personal thoughts on any given situation, just grin and bear it.Regards; Jim
Wholeheartedly agree ! An excellent reply!Some of the attitudes and behaviour from a lot of foreigners leaves a lot to be desired.......................... and then they wonder why it happens.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hmmm......! Looks familiar where that quote came from, "intentionally pissing me off"! And Yup, Unstable mindset of some could lead to a sticky end for others. Scary! Makes you wonder how dangerous it is to say anything to some people who may interpret it as 'intentionally pissing me off ' . Well stated below by Jim and Bundy: The way you see a lot of foreigners mis treating Filipinos. The only surprise to me is that there are not many more foreigner deaths. My personal philosophy - Treat all Filipinos with respect all of the time. Regardless of your personal thoughts on any given situation, just grin and bear it.Regards; JimWholeheartedly agree! An excellent reply!Some of the attitudes and behaviour from a lot of foreigners leaves a lot to be desired.......................... and then they wonder why it happens. Bundy

Edited by Art2ro

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
Hmmm......! Looks familiar where that quote came from, "intentionally pissing me off"! And Yup, Unstable mindset of some could lead to a sticky end for others. Scary! Makes you wonder how dangerous it is to say anything to some people who may interpret it as 'intentionally pissing me off ' . Well stated below by Jim and Bundy: The way you see a lot of foreigners mis treating Filipinos. The only surprise to me is that there are not many more foreigner deaths. My personal philosophy - Treat all Filipinos with respect all of the time. Regardless of your personal thoughts on any given situation, just grin and bear it.Regards; JimWholeheartedly agree! An excellent reply!Some of the attitudes and behaviour from a lot of foreigners leaves a lot to be desired.......................... and then they wonder why it happens. Bundy
It's true that many cause there own problems, and we have seen that from both foreigners and from Filipinos, but following on another thread, the positive!How many situations have you been in where it could have gone bad, without the intervention of a Filipino to help you out? Certainly has happened to me a few times, and just goes to show there are far more Filipino's who appreciate others and that their nature is good and helpful.Every day I am here I meet a Filipino who treats me well and with respect, yes maybe they have their own agenda that I do not see or know of, but there are many others when it is just because they a good nature people.I have lived in areas of Manila that Taxi drivers don't want to go, and been warned not to go out at night, but have never felt in danger. I can't say that about parts of London England, London Ont. Canada, New York, Florida, Malaysia, Thailand etc etc etc.I'm not saying these guys were doing anything wrong, certainly not so that they should deserve to die! and who knows what the truth is, but I can honestly say I feel safer here than in many other places I have been.We can never guarantee our safety no matter where we are in the world, and the same can be said for so many Filipinos anywhere around the world.Papa Carl

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

While it is definitely true that foreigners should not piss off ANY Filipino if at all possible, the opposite is also true, that NO Filipino should feel that they have the right to bait a foreigner in order to anger them, since IMO the outcome would not be good for their country and its people, so IMHO both go hand in hand, and I have to say that bringing a quote from another thread to start another pissing contest is a sure way of causing more problems between the races. IMHO Filipinos need to be hospitable in order for more good foreigners to come to their country and therefore to spend their money, which in turn helps the economy, while at the same time it is easier to teach foreigners how to have an easier life, thus making them more happy about living in the Philippines, rather than becoming unhappy or more unhappy and then taking their unhappiness and frustrations out on all Filipinos. Filipinos die daily without much of it on the news, yet I have to wonder how many might be killed by or had killed by foreigners and then the families retaliate. It can becomes a vicious cycle in the Philippines where taking a life is often cheap. Let us all learn that it serves no purpose to piss anyone off, since the outcome only shows both sides how bad each can be and therefore can only lead to more problems.

Edited by Kuya Lee

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Exactly, treat others as you would wish to be treated.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Outside my gates in CDO there was a foreigner shot and killed last year. He was stopped at the side of the road with his wife and they pulled up on a motorbike and robbed him and then shot him, Not harming the Filipina. Why would they shoot him and leave her alive to identify them later. I have read this before that quite often they shoot the foreigner and don,t touch the Filipina