2 Foreigners Killed

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

Maybe if there were not so many perverts abusing young Filipinas, they would not hate foreigners as much?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Outside my gates in CDO there was a foreigner shot and killed last year. He was stopped at the side of the road with his wife and they pulled up on a motorbike and robbed him and then shot him, Not harming the Filipina. Why would they shoot him and leave her alive to identify them later. I have read this before that quite often they shoot the foreigner and don,t touch the Filipina
Well the answer again was money, so either she had it done or possibly knew those who did it. Either way, if I remember correctly, he was in business and carrying a large amount of cash, or maybe that was a different killing, not sure.
Maybe if there were not so many perverts abusing young Filipinas, they would not hate foreigners as much?
That is true to some degree but I would have to add, maybe if they were not abusing Filipinos as a whole. I have some non Filipino people I know that I am ashamed to be seen in public with, since they continually talk down to Filipinos and yell at them for no reason. In fact there is one guy that I am amazed is still alive because of many of his actions, so when a foreigner gets killed, it often does not surprise me, and while it could be just a robbery, most times stupid people refuse to give up their money and then get killed and most of those I read were foreigners who died just that way. I have even read some on forums who bragged about refusing to give up their little bit of money out of principal, and all the while a Filipino had a gun aimed at them, stupid is as stupid does, so I would just give it up, unless I was 100% certain that the robber was alone, which they never are, and that I would then have total control over the situation if I acted to end the robbery. Some guys act like $100 is worth their life, well to many of the locals $100 will feed their whole family for a month or more, so while I do not condone robbery, getting killed for any amount of money is dumb IMHO, and will then cost your relatives a lot more than that to have you buried or transported back to where you came from, and then buried or cremated.

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)
Outside my gates in CDO there was a foreigner shot and killed last year. He was stopped at the side of the road with his wife and they pulled up on a motorbike and robbed him and then shot him, Not harming the Filipina. Why would they shoot him and leave her alive to identify them later. I have read this before that quite often they shoot the foreigner and don,t touch the Filipina
Well the answer again was money, so either she had it done or possibly knew those who did it. Either way, if I remember correctly, he was in business and carrying a large amount of cash, or maybe that was a different killing, not sure.
That is true to some degree but I would have to add, maybe if they were not abusing Filipinos as a whole. I have some non Filipino people I know that I am ashamed to be seen in public with, since they continually talk down to Filipinos and yell at them for no reason. In fact there is one guy that I am amazed is still alive because of many of his actions, so when a foreigner gets killed, it often does not surprise me, and while it could be just a robbery, most times stupid people refuse to give up their money and then get killed and most of those I read were foreigners who died just that way. I have even read some on forums who bragged about refusing to give up their little bit of money out of principal, and all the while a Filipino had a gun aimed at them, stupid is as stupid does, so I would just give it up, unless I was 100% certain that the robber was alone, which they never are, and that I would then have total control over the situation if I acted to end the robbery. Some guys act like $100 is worth their life, well to many of the locals $100 will feed their whole family for a month or more, so while I do not condone robbery, getting killed for any amount of money is dumb IMHO, and will then cost your relatives a lot more than that to have you buried or transported back to where you came from, and then buried or cremated.
I've heard stories of this silly odd man child you refer to...and if I recall, he even posts his drunken cycles for all to see on a certain site.Most amusing to view. :AddEmoticons04230:The drunken happy guy posts...followed by the drunken control freak orders, and finally the angry abusing racist drunk, and then the hangover grumpy posts....always followed with a post announcement or story of some guilt laden good deed he has done. IMHO, while in the Philippines you simply have to be respectful, and ALWAYS be on your guard, trusting NOBODY. We do this in New York, and it works well in other areas of the world. I trust 3 type people in this world...myself, close family and one friend that is like a brother.If you follow this rule you should be fine...and to avoid any circumstances that can cause loss of life or valuables, get a safe and hide things of value....cause in the Philippines you will notice that when you have visitors, you could be entertaining 50 plus family members, and all it takes is 1-2 to rape your personal belongings. Another thing...NEVER EVER dress up or be flashy. As a foreigner, you are already though of as rich, and that ticket that brought you there makes you rich to 95% of the country....so live simple and act simple. Smile, and laugh...but know your surroundings at all times. Edited by Inspector

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Why would they shoot him and leave her alive to identify them later. I have read this before that quite often they shoot the foreigner and don,t touch the Filipina
I doubt that many filipinas would do any identifying if there were suspected fraternity, gang, NPA, etc etc involvement. They have been raised street smart and you don't even report stuff like that to the police, let alone identify people. Now if it was a local hoodlum then there would be a lot of identifying going on.My point is that I do not automatically suspect a filipina of being involved, just because she will not identify the assailants.