Bacolod

beegee
Posted
Posted

HiI'm working on my retirement and Bacolod seems to be the destination, given the Wife's Family are there. Strangely enough I haven't been there yet but would be interested in any comments or thoughts about the place, particularly if some of you live there.ThanksBrian

Jake
Posted
Posted
HiI'm working on my retirement and Bacolod seems to be the destination, given the Wife's Family are there. Strangely enough I haven't been there yet but would be interested in any comments or thoughts about the place, particularly if some of you live there.ThanksBrian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BacolodWelcome aboard Brian,After reading the above link from Wikipedia, Bacolod will definitely be one of my destinations to rediscover my native land.Here are some of the excerpts: "Known for being a relatively friendly city, it bears the nicknames "City of Smiles" and "Football City of the Philippines". Bacolod City recently ranked no. 1 in a survey by MoneySense Magazine as the "Best Place to Live in the Philippines". Bacolod ranks 3rd among the top ten "Next Wave Cities" of the Philippines for the best location for business process outsourcing andoffshoring according to the 2010 report of the Commission on Information and Communications Technology. Please take a moment to properly introduce yourself. We would love to learn more about you and hopefully read some of your experiences in the Far East, which will also help others in this forum to learn from you.Respectfully -- Jake

beegee
Posted
Posted

Hi JakeThanks for your reply. Ok so a little about me. I'm originally from the UK and moved out to Hong Kong in 1997 spent 6 years there before moving to Singapore in 2003. My common law wife (not easy to get accepted when we moved to Singapore) of 10 years is a Filipina and in the process of getting a Annulment from her previous marriage - another complex issue so that we can get married and move to the Philippines. My original intention was to retire to Thailand where I have a property, but Philippines may make more sense given her Family are in Bacolod (I have met some of them). A few experiences as you would expect during my time here, from managing a Filipino band to running a small estate agency in Phuket and now Regional Director for EMC. That's about it. I've enjoyed reading the forum and other comments and blogs and hope to contribute more as I move forward.All the BestBrian