Filbilly!?!?rural Providence Adventures Anyone?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Opinions and POVs about discrimination or racism have been made, but IMHO it didn't solve anything, because it's a controversial issue as I initially said that it would be like religion or politics! I just proved my point that this disscussion will go nowhere and it did go nowhere! So, it was best just to sweep it under the rug as it has been done, so you all can get back with the main topic at hand! "Rural Province Adventures Anyone"?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Opinions and POVs about discrimination or racism have been made, but IMHO it didn't solve anything, because it's a controversial issue as I initially said that it would be like religion or politics! I just proved my point that this disscussion will go nowhere and it did go nowhere! So, it was best just to sweep it under the rug as it has been done, so you all can get back with the main topic at hand! "Rural Province Adventures Anyone"?
Nothing to solve as there is only one member who voices his opinion that anything that is stated in this topic is racism.If anyone else feels this topic is racism speak up now.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Nothing to solve as there is only one member who voices his opinion that anything that is stated in this topic is racism.If anyone else feels this topic is racism speak up now.
th_thholysheep.gifI thought this issue has already been swept under the rug? Why is it being brought it up again? Kuya Lee already said the topic is now closed! You already had your say, ekimswish, Kuya Lee and so did I!What's up with that? I know, you're the Boss! So now, who's attacking who? Wasn't me! Edited by Art2ro

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifI thought this issue has already been swept under the rug? Why is it being brought it up again? Kuya Lee already said the topic is now closed! You already had your say, ekimswish, Kuya Lee and so did I!What's up with that? I know, you're the Boss!
What the hell is your problem?The only reason this topic was ever closed for a short time is the OP requested it because one member gets offended no matter what the subject is.It was discussed as you can read by all forum moderators and no one thought it was racist and I tell you now its not swept under the carpet as there are filbillys and ausbilly and americanbillys etc all over the world and no body gives a hoot.Here we even have bush pigs referring to the ugly girls but no body cares but would be different if it was said to your face.Chill out.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifI thought this issue has already been swept under the rug? Why is it being brought it up again? Kuya Lee already said the topic is now closed! You already had your say, ekimswish, Kuya Lee and so did I!What's up with that? I know, you're the Boss!
What the hell is your problem?The only reason this topic was ever closed for a short time is the OP requested it because one member gets offended no matter what the subject is.It was discussed as you can read by all forum moderators and no one thought it was racist and I tell you now its not swept under the carpet as there are filbillys and ausbilly and americanbillys etc all over the world and no body gives a hoot.Here we even have bush pigs referring to the ugly girls but no body cares but would be different if it was said to your face.Chill out.
It was MHO and POV and I get ridiculed for it! Now that's not being fair! Is it?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
It was MHO and POV and I get ridiculed for it! Now that's not being fair! Is it?
You have now got my reply to your PM,nothings fair for you Art. Now can we get back to the subject?

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

Hillbilly, filbilly, spick ,spook, or redneck.WHO CARES about a word. the only difference is the country their in, and im a FLIP. big deal. my 2 centavos worth. EJ.:36_1_50[1]:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
th_thholysheep.gifI thought this issue has already been swept under the rug? Why is it being brought it up again? Kuya Lee already said the topic is now closed! You already had your say, ekimswish, Kuya Lee and so did I!What's up with that? I know, you're the Boss! So now, who's attacking who? Wasn't me!
Let me state for the record that this topic was only opened again, because you Art asked it to be so you could have his say , otherwise it was already locked by me because Art said it was an attack on Filipinos and that made the op ask me to close it, now it has gone way too far and it must stop here. To answer Arts question, it got brought up again because you feel you have to have the last word on it and when I said enough, you still had to make the above comment or it would have died as I wished it to. Art you had your say HERE and again HERE and again HERE and again HERE and again HERE even though I clearly posted above that that it was done and end of discussion, but you once again apparently felt the need to get the last word and even argued with Tom after that post. Let us get back to the topic at hand, period, enough said except that I sort of agree with gapotwo (not on all words) who I believe also happens to be of Filipino heritage, it is only a word and why such a big deal has been made of it, or any word is beyond me, when it was not used towards a member. I would ban anyone who uses that word or any other word directed at a member and which might then be considered an attack on a persons ethnicity, but this was not used towards anyone, so enough is enough.Last added, I do not see Art or anyone being ridiculed, we (the forum moderators and also the members who have posted as such) do not agree with Art, and that is that, and had Art stopped and not posted after my last post, then we would not have been wasting more posts disagreeing, so I agree gapotwo. 36_1_50[1].gif Edited by Kuya Lee
to add

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
Tonight while talking to one of my Filipino American coworker friends he asked me about my having any Filbilly encounters while visiting family on Southern Leyte! It cracked me up; he said Filbilly is a real Filipino term. :whistling: So what have your best, oddest or most interesting rural adventure? I’ll share the nightly rooster F-you lizard serenade I experienced at a later time. :36_1_50[1]:
Gentlemen, Regarding Dan's post, I have sliced and diced, studied its molecular structure and found no hint of racism or demeaning comments. Furthermore, the context is asking funny or weird experiences about living or visiting out in the boonies. Ekimswish's post provided an excellent explanation of terms, labels or words that are not necessarily taken as offensive, except perhaps used by a dick%ead in a derogatory manner within a sentence or paragraph. It's like saying highlanders vs lowlanders.......I absolutely have no problems with Dan's post. Now on to the topic -- while living in one of the islands off Mindoro (just south of Luzon Island), everything goes dark when the gensets goes off line. It comes back on at sunrise. Sure my private beach cove was only several meters away but my back patio faces deep jungle with all kinds of weird noises. The first few evenings I couldn't sleep, trying to figure out all the hissing, growling and eerie barks. And then I made a mistake of drinking with the villagers one night and out comes the mythical legends of "white ladies, Karpre and Aswangs". I had to drink myself to sleep while Judy just rolls over and sleeps fart in my face. I get no respect sometimes -- Jake http://en.wikipedia....hical_creatures Edited by Jake
correct sentence structure
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Tonight while talking to one of my Filipino American coworker friends he asked me about my having any Filbilly encounters while visiting family on Southern Leyte! It cracked me up; he said Filbilly is a real Filipino term. :whistling: So what have your best, oddest or most interesting rural adventure?I’ll share the nightly rooster F-you lizard serenade I experienced at a later time.:36_1_50[1]:
Gentlemen,Regarding Dan's post, I have sliced and diced, studied its molecular structure and found no hint of racism or demeaning comments. Furthermore, the context is asking funny or weird experiences about living or visiting out in the boonies. Ekimswish's post provided an excellent explanation of terms, labels or words that are not necessarily taken as offensive, except perhaps used by a dick%ead in a derogatory manner within a sentence or paragraph. It's like saying highlanders vs lowlanders.......I absolutely have no problemswith Dan's post.Now on to the topic -- while living in one of the islands off Mindoro (just south of Luzon Island), everything goes dark when the gensetsgoes off line. It comes back on at sunrise. Sure my private beach cove was only several meters away but my back patio faces deep jungle with all kinds of weird noises. The first few evenings I couldn't sleep, trying to figure out all the hissing, growling and eerie barks.And then I made a mistake of drinking with the villagers one night and out comes the mythical legends of "white ladies, Karpre andAswangs". I had to drink myself to sleep while Judy just rolls over and sleeps fart in my face. I get no respect sometimes -- Jakehttp://en.wikipedia....hical_creatures
Good story Jake, the best I can do is that nightly serenade by the F-you lizard and the rooster.
  • Like 1