Jump to content


Privileged Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1,940 Extreme Poster


About virginprune

  • Rank
    Royal Member
  • Birthday 11/29/1954

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    South Cotabato
  • Interests

Blood Type

  • Blood Type

Country Of Birth

  • Country Of Birth

Recent Profile Visitors

2,585 profile views
  1. As you have regressed to banal posting I will refrain from feeding your childish trolling.
  2. Not being defensive at all. You intial response to me made an observation about my reality possibly being different to others. Naturally as you made a point about my reality it would follow that you were referencing my area. To which I just tried to put the record straight. As Cotabato encompasses two different provinces maybe it would be in everyones interest to be specific in which province a story is alluded to to prevent misunderstandings.
  3. And this was in South Cotabato? Funny it didn't make at least the local news. Never heard of any grenade attacks in my area in the 4+ years I've lived here. My partner has never heard of this either although maybe she wouldn't be up to speed on this sort of news as she's only lived here for 48 years. There has been one minor explosion by the big church a year or so ago, that was a bomb left in a bag. I believe Davao has had more deaths and injuries due to terrorist activity since I've lived here. So look out for your own backyard before posting hearsay!
  4. That statement says more about you than the reality of life in that area.
  5. I live Koronadal City. My partner has family in Bonifacio, Ozamis Occidental. Hoping to visit there sometime.
  6. I live in South Cotabato, have done for 4+ years, I have never felt unsafe here. I would recommend a visit as it is a beautiful and friendly province. North Cotabato on the other hand I have never visited. Cotabato City itself is somewhere I would not venture.
  7. I live in the eastern end of the red area.....oh well.
  8. Keeping a low profile is always a good way to live here, or anywhere in asia for that matter IMHO.
  9. I live in the outer edge of the city, quite rural, we bought plot and built. Total cost was around P2m 3 years ago. The house is built in clay blocks, very srong, to my own design. If I was selling now I would be asking P5m. A German lives opposite, he has a bigger house, but very poor quality build in my opinion, I watched it being built. The house alone cost him P5m to build, they saw him coming! The best way to go is build yourself if you can find a good crew, I did, then you have the home you want at the price you want to pay. Prices are going up everywhere even down here.
  10. As others have pointed out customs may be an issue. Why not buy the pig/pork here and make the bacon then? It seems you already have the expertise so just bring the brining you require. A friend here, from Yorkshire, makes his own bacon, hams and sausages which are all delicious especially on his homemade bread
  11. We used these edging strips, available in citi hardware.
  12. We went for tiles, if not in direct sunlight they should not get warm, mine are definitively cool on the feet. Ours are wood plank effect which suits the exposed brick walls we opted for. On our verandah we used the red dye in cement, it's ok but in the future we will tile that also.
  13. One thing strikes a chord with me here.recently during an all day brownout we had filled a bin with water with dipper for showers etc. I find that I now prefer this method than using our conventional shower. Does this mean I'm embracing pinoyism?
  14. I don't really cook Mexican or Tex-Mex the exception being Chile Con Carne. The spice mix I make myself is 1tsp cumin, 2tsp paprika, 1tsp dried thyme and chile powder to taste, if you don't do spicy you can leave that out. The other ingredients are half kilo of ground beef, white onion, garlic, tomato paste and around 300ml of beef stock. I use a full can of drained red kidney beans, added in the last 10 minutes so they don't disintegrate. Usually cook for 45 mins to 1 hour. It should not be too wet when serving. This makes enough for 4. I have a friend here from Texas who rates it highly
  • Create New...