Why go from your country?
I love travelling to many places, and I have spent time in many countries, but to me, "there's no place like home."
My stay in the Philippines taught me many things.
- I don't like being a foreigner.
- I don't like living in a place where time stands still.
- I don't like matching wits with people who are perpetually thinking like 15 years olds.
- I don't like living in a quasi-dictatorship.
- I miss speaking my native tongue and having people understand my sarcasm and jokes.
- I miss eating out at American restaurants, where they bring appetizers out long before the main dish, instead of crowding the table with appetizers and main dishes at the very same time,
- I love having the ability to vote!
- I also prefer to buy things (land, houses, etc.) in my own name, instead of my wife's name.
- As I approach 70, I'm even reluctant to leave my homeland for a holiday/vacation.
With all of that being said, I applaud all of those who have made the Philippines their homes.