How Easy Is It To Get Deported If You Are Not Filipino?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

HERE is a story I posted a while back, and I wonder if anyone else remembers where the threads are about people being deported for raising their voices to a Filipino? I think one of them was for a couple of Koreans in CDO or Davao? Here is one I found, so if a person can be deported for smoking and refusing to listen to a police officer, do we really have any rights? A South Korean man is due to be deported from the Philippines today because he smoked in a taxi and then disobeyed a police officer – presumably by refusing to put out his cigarette. Cigarette smoking is prohibited in the southern Philippine city of Davao in all public places. The taxi is considered a public utility vehicle. HERE is another about a Korean who raised his voice to the wrong person. For shouting at a Filipino, Korean may be deported

a Korean resident of the Philippines offended the wrong guy when he got into a shouting match on a golf course in southern Davao City this month. Now he faces possible deportation.
I know there was a thread on a foreigner charged with unjust vexation and set for deportation but I am not sure where it is, maybe one of you knows? It seems many foreigners actually think they have rights while in the Philippines and in the above story, the govt made it clear that even those who are married to citizens do not necessarily have the right to stay in their country. I think the key word is undesirable alien, as written in the above story, but of course he was deported for other reasons that made him undesirable.
He said aliens admitted into the country have no right of indefinite stay, although a foreigner may apply for permanent residence if he or she is married to a Filipino citizen.?However, since the stay of aliens in our country is just a privilege, even if they are married to Filipinos, Parlin lost that privilege when we found out that he is a fugitive from justice and, therefore, an undesirable alien,? Ledesma added.
What chance to we have if they will deport Alex Baldwin for an insult that he claimed was a joke Undesirable Alien Alec Baldwin Banned From the Philippines for a joke Alec Baldwin has been banned from entering the Philippines - just one day after the actor publicly apologized for joking about sex trafficking in the country. The country's Bureau of Immigration has closed its borders to the star, according to a statement released by the government office on Thursday (21May09). Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan says, "By being on the bureau’s blacklist, Baldwin is forbidden from entering the country as he is deemed an undesirable alien.". COMMONWEALTH ACT NO. 613 AN ACT TO CONTROL AND REGULATE THE IMMIGRATION OF ALIENS INTO THE PHILIPPINES
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

There seems to be quite a few stories which might show how easily we can be deported, yet at this time I cannot find the posts on this forum about them, but here is another news story where a foreigner never even go into the Philippines because he had insulted Philippine embassy staff. Anyone remember any other stories, or does anyone know anyone deported for a minor offense? Foreigner barred from RP for insulting consuls in IsraelMANILA, Philippines -- The Bureau of Immigration (BI) has barred an Israeli-American national from entering the country for insulting and harassing staff of the Philippine embassy in Israel.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I have seen where a foreigner has been totally loud and abusive and talking down to people in a public place and all the Filipinos showed patience and tried to calm him down and he continued until he left. They could have called the police on him but they did not ( they probably should have ). My point is some people are more tolerant than others. One time you may get away with being an #ss and the next time not. I guess if its really important for you to be in the Philippines you must refrain from being an #ss What would really bother me is if some one got you deported because they did not like you for what ever reason and made up stories about you to try and get you deported Its hard to be on the up and up when every where around you people are bending the rules or not following them at all (ex. not getting a permit for a small construction job ) But we have to realize that if they get caught doing it ( very doubtful ) they don,t have as much to lose. I think maybe the authorities look the other way with their own people because they know they are poor but they know we can afford to do it the right way so they expect us to. I,m probably way out in left field on my thoughts here. Maybe the real reason is they know we can afford the fine thats all. Maybe they need to be a little tougher on us foreigners. some of the foreigners walking the streets of the Philippines act like they are better than every one else and the Filipino people should bow down to their every whim I think I am going to dye my hair black and work on my tan and go around asking wheres my Christmas present and just maybe I will blend in under the radar of the Dreaded Filipino police force :(

• Like 3

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

As I see it. There is no question that it is very easy for a foreigner to be deported for something as simple as acting like a jerk in public. That being said however, we all know that there is a large number of foreigners that fled here to the Philippines because they could not cope in their home country. Also a number of sex addicts and perverts that make all of us look bad. I would hope that it remains easy for the Philippines to ship these types back home or somewhere else rather than have them stay here and make all foreigners look bad. It is to our advantage to have some of the foreigners made to leave. Because of the amount of money the foreigners bring into this country I doubt that the Philippine Government wants too many of us deported or even get to many of us pissed off to the point where we decide to leave for greener pastures. At some point and time I would suspect that foreigners here in the Philippines will see that it is important to have some type of group or organization that can bend the ear of the government officals to the point of getting them to see that while they may not need us here. We certainly make life a bit easier for them in the long run and without our money coming in, well, it would be difficult but not impossible for them. If anybody already is a member or knows of such a group or organization please let me know. I see it a good thing for all of us.

Edited by Garpo

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
At some point and time I would suspect that foreigners here in the Philippines will see that it is important to have some type of group or organization that can bend the ear of the government officals to the point of getting them to see that while they may not need us here. We certainly make life a bit easier for them in the long run and without our money coming in, well, it would be difficult but not impossible for them. If anybody already is a member or knows of such a group or organization please let me know. I see it a good thing for all of us.
This one was in the news and a few forums a while back. I believe it was discussed on a thread here somewhere. http://www.foreign-assistance-center.com/
  • Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Below is the contact info for what Dave listed above.Foreigner Assistance Center Mail-Adress FAC PhilippinesCubao - Quezon City226 Parc Condo - 15th Avenue- 1109 Manila - Philippines Free Listing - Keyford Directory Office-PhilippinesTel: + 63 (2) 44 12 484 ( Manila - Philippines )SMS: + 63 91 58 26 26 57 ( GLOBE - Cell-phone )SMS + 63 90 86 39 71 85 ( SMART - Cell.phone )Direct Message to our Office Manager Office-Europe:Fax: + 49 3212 12 57 642 ( Germany ) General Inquiriesinfo@foreign-assistance-center.com Personal Inquiries to Mr. A. Lehnertalfred-lehnert@foreign-assistance-center.com Internet: www.foreign-assistance-center.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
twostrokes
Posted
Posted

Don't know about now, But I found all the different places I lived in the RP over the years that the first thing I did was to introduce myself, make friends with and supply a couple fifths of cognac and a high quality imported rum for the Mayor and the Chief of Police. It prevented action when as someone said a local gets pissed at you and makes up stories. If the Mayor and the Chief of Police knows you and your charactor chances are they dismiss any false accquizations made toward you. Christmas present for them and their family members as well as Birthdays also goes a long way. I don't know, worked for me. That being said, that was a long time ago, and things may be much different.