Has The Security At The Cebu Malls Been Increased?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder if the robbery at the Robinson's mall will cause more security frisks etc, or maybe even metal detectors? I know SM mall and Ayala Mall had installed some metal detector arches but rarely check people when the warning goes off. I wonder how long it will be until we have airport type security in the malls of the Philippines, with all the easily accessible guns around?

Jake
Posted
Posted
....but rarely check people when the warning goes off.....
Hmmm....that is interesting. One would double and triple check with a hand held wand for anysuspicious metallic items such as a hand grenade, bladed weapon or a cold hard steel of a .45cal semi-auto. Maybe they need more retraining by the PNP......yeah right!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I wonder if the robbery at the Robinson's mall will cause more security frisks etc, or maybe even metal detectors? I know SM mall and Ayala Mall had installed some metal detector arches but rarely check people when the warning goes off. I wonder how long it will be until we have airport type security in the malls of the Philippines, with all the easily accessible guns around?
I can remember at SM a few years back they used to run the mirrors under the taxi but dont do it now.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
I can remember at SM a few years back they used to run the mirrors under the taxi but dont do it now.
They still do it here in Bacolod City SM.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The best security I have seen in Cebu was at the Marriott Hotel, they stop the car before it goes up the ramp and look in the trunk and at the people in the vehicle while another guard checks under the car, and then xray all luggage before it is allowed in the hotel. The also fully search all hand carry items and wave the hand metal detector over them before allowing them into the hotel. I cannot imagine them doing that at the mall as it would back up people many blocks long, and especially during opening time, but it would be nice if they would have more guards checking items more carefully during busy hours, since I feel it is just a matter of time before something happens again in a mall, and I pray it is not something even more heinous than the robbery at Robinson's Mall. I have seen security ramped up during threats and holidays such as Holy week, where they use the mirrors and check the trunks of all cars entering, so it does happen some of the time.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
The best security I have seen in Cebu was at the Marriott Hotel, they stop the car before it goes up the ramp and look in the trunk and at the people in the vehicle while another guard checks under the car, and then xray all luggage before it is allowed in the hotel. The also fully search all hand carry items and wave the hand metal detector over them before allowing them into the hotel. I cannot imagine them doing that at the mall as it would back up people many blocks long, and especially during opening time, but it would be nice if they would have more guards checking items more carefully during busy hours, since I feel it is just a matter of time before something happens again in a mall, and I pray it is not something even more heinous than the robbery at Robinson's Mall. I have seen security ramped up during threats and holidays such as Holy week, where they use the mirrors and check the trunks of all cars entering, so it does happen some of the time.
this is like the manila hotel,. they X-ray your luggage,screen you when you enter too. Not sure about the car.