Getting My License - Mandaue, Lto

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

went to LTO with my wife and her uncle he went and talked to a official he comes back i give him p2500, in an hour i have license, no drug test no test at all, and on my way, like he says if you have money there is nothing that can't be done.

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I went to Mandaue when I was there last time, I had only been in the country for around 2 months then. I walked up to to the security to go through and I was stopped by a mob of people wanting to do it for me. I also said no thanks and as I got through the crowd a security guard approached me and asked what I was there for. I said I wanted to get a drivers licence. he asked to see my Australian licence so I pulled it out and showed him. He looked at it and my passport and said that I don;t need to apply for a licence until I had been in the country for 6 MONTHS, so was he wrong or has that changed from 3 months to 6 months now?

Edited by Adventurer

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

It has always been 90 days on your foreign license.

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

went to LTO with my wife and her uncle he went and talked to a official he comes back i give him p2500, in an hour i have license, no drug test no test at all, and on my way, like he says if you have money there is nothing that can't be done.

You ain't in Muskogee anymore ! PS. Please never never ever complain about how screwed up services and roads are due to corruption. You sir are part of the problem.

• Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

I have no problem with the roads or corruption i think it is great,

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have no problem with the roads or corruption i think it is great,

If you were arrested on some charges that are completely false, would you still have no problem with the corruption after you donate your life savings to save your butt? Hypothetically of course!

• Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

at least you could buy your way out, and if not for the Okies from Muskogee you would be speaking german my friend, if you wish to fight corruption in the Phil , you won't be here for long.

samatm
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry Okie, I like Muskogee by the way and most Okies and I'm sure we could find a lot to agree on , but corruption here I hate and I wont pay a bribe into a government system or pay a traffic enforcer for example. I am not fighting corruption,but I ain't feeding it either. I don't blame you for the quick and easy pay off - really i don't .. to each his own. Just keep your promise and never complain about the corruption that affects your existence here.

No problems with the roads ? Well I guess Davao is less corrupt than Mactan as its obvious the road contractors here don't have enough cash left to finish their projects after greasing how many palms; that or the ruling Radaza clan used the cash for roads and infrastructure for their private haciendas abroad.

Edited by samatm
  • Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

it is the culture here you pay the price and i know that , i have no problem , and i get what i need , it is expected and all filipino pay, yes the roads are good , Davao has a lot of money it is very clean and friendly, one of the best places in the phil to live, i have friends living in the city proper and they love it , i live about 26k in the provience but we still have good roads and other services, electric and water, Davao is the perfect city for expats , lot of housing , malls , and friendly people , you don't have to worry about protection, the mayor is expat friendly and they look out for you, take a look for sure, but the payoff is still there.it is ( sop) in the phil for sure

• Like 1